Feedback regarding Seychelles v1.2 for MSFS

Flightsim discussions, feedback, small talk - but no support!
sibbe83
FS-Version: MSFS

Feedback regarding Seychelles v1.2 for MSFS

Post by sibbe83 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Creating a new post for the new version of Seychelles. V1.2 that came out yesterday. The new version is a great update and the scenery is starting to look very good. However, it still has some issues. I have included my findings regarding the new version in the list under.

Issues and suggested improvements v1.2:
- still bricks on some of the airstrips (those with white markings on the ground which I suspect is an AI issue, mistakenly adding these bricks. Fregate is one example)
- still patches of missing autogen trees that can be seen across most of the islands (have included some examples)
- the darkgreen ground layout under the airport at Praslin doesn’t look good at all and should be color corrected and better blended
- would be nice to see more typical autogen buildings and houses for the seychelles. The generic MSFS autogen doesn’t represent the seychelles very well
- some more resorts would be nice to see modelled. At least for the main islands.
- some issues along the coastline and very steep elevation drop along along with stretched textures which also causes popping or flickering as you fly past them
- some populated areas have autogen buildings, but no trees. Especially in areas with low res satellite photo underneath (AI issue? AI not recognizing them due to low res satellite photo?)
- several islands with trees in the water along with flooded coastlines/beaches can still be seen
- some unprecise coastline and water drawing in some areas that doesn’t follow the coast or beach line (just sloppy work and should be an easy fix)
- Some beaches are very sharp and poorly blended with the water
- some other artifacts shown in the screenshots below
- mesh issues with water creeping up the coastline several places
- static ai ships? Is it possible to make them sail a spesific route or at least not be stationary?

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but Bing has updated the aerial for the entire islands of the Seychelles with much better quality. Only small issues, but the quality looks quite crisp. However, it's not yet in the sim. Neither the water masks.

Will post screenshots in the next post to illustrate the list above.

islandking
FS-Version: FS9

Re: Feedback regarding Seychelles v1.2 for MSFS

Post by islandking » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:12 pm

It would be great if FSDG fixes the issues and your suggested improvements. I believe The Seychelles scenery has more to offer. Still it is a great rendition from FSDG ;-)

Regards

Daniel

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:36 pm

islandking wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:12 pm
It would be great if FSDG fixes the issues and your suggested improvements. I believe The Seychelles scenery has more to offer. Still it is a great rendition from FSDG ;-)

Regards

Daniel
Agree with that. But they could really make it shine if they fix all the issues and add some improvements suggested above :cool:

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:52 pm

This is post 1 of 2 due to many pictures.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.34.11.53.png
Dark green texture under the airport doesn't look good or blend well with the scenery. It's not this dark in real life. Needs color correction maybe? Not sure what happened here. This picture is from 1.1 I believe, but the issue is also present in 1.2.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.36.26.04.png
Waterline does not stretch all the way up to the beach. This is Cousine island outside of Praslin.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.38.00.31.png
This picture shows two small green patches in the ocean to the upper right. For some reason these are green in the sim, which is not correct. If you look at bing or google maps it clearly shows brownish rocks/cliffs instead of two green patches. This is Fregate island.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.38.45.20.png
Same as above but from a different angle. Look at the two green patches to the left. Fregate island.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.38.59.91.png
Issue with white bricks on the airstrip at Fregate island. Also present on the other islands that has white markings on the airstrip which I believe is placed there by the AI.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.39.24.34.png
Strange black "shadows" between the water waves that can be seen across the islands covered by the scenery.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.39.52.85.png
More evidence of patches without autogen trees. The aerial shows that there's supposed to be vegetation on the naked spots.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.45.18.33.png
Marie Louise island. Beach flooded with trees in the water.

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:59 pm

Post 2 of 2:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.45.40.41.png
Very sharp transition between the ocean and the beach. Doesn't blend very well like some of the other islands.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.48.12.74.png
Marie Louise island. Flooded beach with trees in the water.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.50.16.72.png
Mahé. Look at the green narrow area closest to the plane. I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be water here, but it's not. Just texture.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.50.26.29.png
Mahé. Example of naked spots without autogen trees. Better suited autogen would also be very appreciated. These boxed autogen houses are more suitable for certain african countries than the seychelles.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.07 - 23.52.04.56.png
Another example over Mahé of naked patches without autogen trees.

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Would also like to add that I'm enjoying this scenery and can't wait for the aerosoft twin otter to come out. But I believe fsdg could really make this scenery shine with some attention to details and by implementing some of the improvements I have already suggested. After all it's quite an expensive scenery at 30 euros so you would expect high quality and some attention to details. By the way, I love the new water masks introduced in 1.2 :)

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:00 am

Done some more testing now at most of the islands. The same issues seems to be repetitive. Unprecise coastlines, flooded beaches, trees in the water, unprecise autogen with trees cutting off near the coastline where the underlying aerial shows that they should go all the way down to the beach etc. Also very low res aerials for some of the islands, but I guess it's hard to aquire high res aerials for a place like the seychelles. Given the nice looking autogen in MSFS this shouldn't be too much of an issue with properly placed autogen.

Other issues:
- FSSR is cannot be found
- density of the trees seems poor for some of the smaller islands. Not sure if this is a MSFS issue or an issue with the scenery itself
- sharp water lines at the coast for many islands that go in long straight pointy lines
- also discovered a haze layer close to the ocean where the water masking is for most of the smaller islands
- grey line over the beach for some of the islands (have screenshots)

I've taken more screenshots that I can post if the developer requests them. That being said, bing maps have updated their aerials for the seychelles with pretty crisp quality. It's not yet in the sim, but I guess it will come in a future world update. This concludes my "beta testing" for now and I'm hoping for an updated scenery in time ;-)

lowi6111

Post by lowi6111 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:39 pm

All windsocks point in the wrong direction. FSSR is missing.