Seychelles for XP

Support for all FSDG products
sibbe83
FS-Version: MSFS

Seychelles for XP

Post by sibbe83 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:55 am

Any chance for this scenery to come to XP? Or any new version under development?

horst18519

Re: Seychelles for XP

Post by horst18519 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:07 am

We're currently not working on XP11 addons or XP11 versions but we're looking into it.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 am

You really should consider converting a few of your sceneries for P3D over to XP. They will really shine! I did a "quick and dirty" conversion of your Seychelles scenery using FS2XP (for personal use), and even though the scenery was a little mess, since FS2XP did a terrible job, it was still beautiful. It's a completely different atmosphere in XP. Did a quick flight from Mahe to Praslin in the default C172. The lighting and graphics are so much better in XP.

Hope you will experiment with the XP platform.

islandking
FS-Version: FS9

Post by islandking » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 am

Thorsten,

I would also love to see my favorite scenery (Seychelles) in X-Plane 11, instant buy for me. I have both P3Dv4 & X-Plane 11 installed on my PC and to be honest X Plane 11 has more potential IMHO and it looks like the X Plane user base is growing rapidly with many 3rd party developers joining the bandwagon.

Go for it Thorsten ;-)

Also any chance of having a v3 of Seychelles with PBR textures, free or paid upgrade is ok for me :)

Warmest regards
Daniel

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Would also love to see a version 3 for this scenery. I'll be more than happy to pay for a new version of the Seychelles.
V2 is now very old, and a lot has changed since it was developed.

Here's a few suggestions for a potential v3:

- denser autogen vegetation (look at Orbx Pago Pago scenery, looks stunning), and also denser buildings autogen
- some of the photoscenery needs some color correction
- more POIs, resorts etc.
- people and traffic at airports etc. to make the scenery look more alive
- generally more details in the scenery
- "cityscape" for the most important islands like Mahe, Praslin, La Digue etc.
- PBR support
- P3D and XP

Again, the Orbx Pago Pago scenery is an excellent example of how good a version 3 of FSDG's Seychelles could look like if they put in some effort. Commercially I can't see how this would not be profitable.

FSDG's Seychelles scenery is still my favorite scenery for many years, and I've been using it regulary since it was released. I just love this place. But the scenery starts to show it's age, so it's about time for an upgrade ;)