HESH green surroundings

Support for all FSDG products
Moshe
FS-Version: FS9

HESH green surroundings

Post by Moshe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Beautiful scenery, much appreciated!

Have a small issue with textures I guess, any idea what can cause some desert textures to look green, and how can I troubleshoot it?

Here is a top down view:

I have tried moving the scenery priority up and down with no change. I have also tried installing the product on a "clean" FSX with no addons and it looks fine.

Appreciate an advise, thank you.
With kind regards,
Moshe
Currently exploring some great addons in my FSX Scenic Journey Around the World: http://moshes-fsx-journey.blogspot.co.il/

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: HESH green surroundings

Post by horst18519 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Moshe, I guess you use UTX Africa? For some reason they decided to use green textures for a landclass definition that is desert-like in the default textures and should be desert-like. We have no influence on this. But we will look into this issue and might be able to give UTX users a workaround for this issue.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Moshe

Post by Moshe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Thank you!
With kind regards,
Moshe
Currently exploring some great addons in my FSX Scenic Journey Around the World: http://moshes-fsx-journey.blogspot.co.il/

Moshe

Post by Moshe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am

Thorsten,

I suspect it is a different addon than UTX as I do not have it, I thought maybe FScene can cause this. However I found an old backup (before FScene) of the FSX/Scenery/World/Texture and restored it, it solved the problem. As I'm not sure which other addons after that have modified this folder (and I don't want to undo these), can you please advise which files are responsible to this green area so I can restore only them?

Appreciate your support.
Thank you
With kind regards,
Moshe

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 am

Moshe, we came across this issue in the beta test, but couldn't pinpoint exactly which addon did the texture swapping as well. I will find a way around this problem though and provide some files that will get rid of it, no matter what other addon you use.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Moshe

Post by Moshe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:06 pm

horst18519 wrote:Moshe, we came across this issue in the beta test, but couldn't pinpoint exactly which addon did the texture swapping as well. I will find a way around this problem though and provide some files that will get rid of it, no matter what other addon you use.
Cool man. You are the one! :cool:
With kind regards,
Moshe

tomdoc

Post by tomdoc » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:11 pm

i have this same issue and iam using ultimate terrain and ground enviroment. so i would appricate the files to

thanks

tom

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:41 pm

They are already included in the V1.10 update for FSX which is available in your download account.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Moshe

Post by Moshe » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:03 pm

horst18519 wrote:They are already included in the V1.10 update for FSX which is available in your download account.
Just installed, great job. Appreciate the quick support!
With kind regards,
Moshe

Andydigital

Post by Andydigital » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi,

I bought this scenery today and I notice a similar problem around the airport when using it on top of FTX Global, is there anything I can do to make things look more natural and less green.

Edit here is a screen shot, perhaps this is how its supposed to look, I'm not so sure though.

Cheers,
Andy

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Can you please provide a screenshot of the same view with Sharm El-Sheikh 2012 disabled? I expect those polygons come from ftx or any other addon, as we did not include that shape in our addon. Looks like ftxGlobal provides false textures here, as the definitions should be "dry" whereas the textures are obviously not. Nonetheless, the landclass polygon seems to come from another addon.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Andydigital

Post by Andydigital » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:57 pm

It was a combination of Scenerytech landclass and the fact that FTX have assigned far too wet a looking texture to these default textures. If I turn your airport and ST LC off then its all sand. With either your airport or ST turned on those same textures from my screen shot are called, so its definitely FTX at fault here. I should have known really, they have made most of the world look the same now. Sorry to waste your time.

This is without ST LC and with your airport on.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Is that an ftx Global texture? :-O
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Andydigital

Post by Andydigital » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:18 pm

It must be its the only textures I have installed.