After Buying Accra & Enfidha - can't install Enfidha!

Support for all FSDG products
BAW9DV
FS-Version: MSFS

After Buying Accra & Enfidha - can't install Enfidha!

Post by BAW9DV » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:47 pm

Hello,

I purchased both ACCRA and ENFIDHA for MSFS yesterday.

Today, I went to install them and after running the SETUP batch file first to locate my Community folder which was successful, I managed to install ACCRA.

Next, I did exactly the same again - ran the SETUP batch file to locate my Community folder successfully, then ran the installer (ver 1.0?) and this time it failed to show the path to my community folder and I could proceed no further. Various attempts to get the install to complete have failed. I cannot install ENFIDHA. At the point where the path does not show, I cannot enter it manually to complete the install.

At the top it says, " . . If the filed is empty, please run the file RUN_ME_FIRST_FS2020_InstallSetup_v2.exe . . " But I cannot find this SetUp file!

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Regards.

Lee James
West Sussex UK

horst18519

Re: After Buying Accra & Enfidha - can't install Enfidha!

Post by horst18519 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:18 pm

If you run the BAT file, you should not need to run the installer afterwards, as the installer is automatically run by that small tool.
The tool checks if the INI (in C:/FSDG) has the correct location of the community folder. If that worked for another addon (like in your case Accra), the path will already be set, so the Batch just checks and then runs the installer.
If you ran the Batch before (like you did), you can also just run the installer directly.

There was a small bug in the Enfidha LITE installer, the texts you quoted were outdated. Technically, the installer should work fine, though.
I just updated the installer on our server to show the correct texts.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

BAW9DV

Post by BAW9DV » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:42 pm

Thorsten,

Thank you for your kind reply. I ran the batch file - which correctly identified the path to the Community folder - and at the " .. Press Any Key .." prompt, I did so. The installer then ran. I accepted the agreement, entered my name and the word "Private" in the field below and clicked NEXT.

This was when the field showing the path was found to be empty! I cvhecked both the C:\FSDG folder and the path.ini file is there. I also checked C:\Windows and the same INI file is there too - yet the install fails.

Any ideas?

Lee

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Ok, that's weird. Did you try the new installer version? I tested it on several computers, and it worked.
There was a setting in the installer that might have caused issues with certain Windows (language?) versions, I'm not quite sure at the moment.
Anyway, please download again, I changed that setting, and the installer should now work exactly like the Accra installer.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

BAW9DV

Post by BAW9DV » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:38 pm

Ok,

Downloaded again fresh. Ran the installer. This time it worked! It found the path and installed. Thank you for your help.

I have many sceneries from FSDG and have reviewed your Mauritius for MSFS on my channel, among many that I have purchased for P3D and MSFS. Your work is very good.

Perhaps I can suggest that you just create a universal installer? Many other developers have - where it detects the path, or at least provide the option to "insert" the path (I know my path well) which would negate this sort of problem. Or maybe offer the option of a zipped scenery. Since the product cannot be downloaded without a customer being logged into his/her account, you do have some piracy protection.

Just my thoughts. But thank you for your help,

Regards,

Lee

WEB - virtualairlinepilot.org
YT - virtualairlinepilot
INST - thevirtualairlinepilot

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We considered different options, and we found that the current methods works best with our installers.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

cptmokr
FS-Version: FS9

Post by cptmokr » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:50 am

horst18519 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:59 pm
Ok, that's weird. Did you try the new installer version? I tested it on several computers, and it worked.
There was a setting in the installer that might have caused issues with certain Windows (language?) versions, I'm not quite sure at the moment.
Anyway, please download again, I changed that setting, and the installer should now work exactly like the Accra installer.
I'm also having the same problem, it's impossible for me to install DTNH. I've tried more then 10 times and and the path is always empty. Please help.
I purchased DTNH from the aerosoft store.

Best Regards
Mohamed
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG

cptmokr
FS-Version: FS9

Post by cptmokr » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:56 am

weird, downloaded the zip file again and run the bat file and everything went great :cool:

Best Regards
Mohamed

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am

Glad it works now. :)
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com