FSDG and ASOBO FACT conflict.

Support for all FSDG products
Peter Webber
FS-Version: MSFS

FSDG and ASOBO FACT conflict.

Post by Peter Webber » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 am

SA Pilot and myself have identified an issue with your install method. I think it applies to bespoke airports. It has nothing to do with Navigraph. When we first install FSDG Cape Town, it removes the ASOBO entry for FACT in the Content.xml file. So when we first fire up the sim, all is good. Now when we restart the sim at a later stage, MSFS re-populates the Content.xml file with ASOBO FACT! So now we have both FSDG AND ASOBO in the Content.xml. This is the conflict which causes your airport scenery issues. I think FSDG need to simply change the ASOBO entry to "FALSE", and not to remove it. Otherwise MSFS just re-adds it! I hope FSDG get this message. I have seen other developers changing the entries to "FALSE" and not removing them.
Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: FSDG and ASOBO FACT conflict.

Post by horst18519 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:59 pm

We don't (can't/won't) change the content.xml. We haven't run into that issue yet, and we have no other reports from other users. Our scenery was also thoroughly tested by the MSFS test team and they reported no issues.
We'll look into it again, though.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com