FACT MSFS V1.2 release.

Support for all FSDG products
Peter Webber
FS-Version: MSFS

FACT MSFS V1.2 release.

Post by Peter Webber » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:57 pm

Good day. I have been notified of an update for FACT for MSFS to v1.2. Been looking around for a changelog. Could you give any information on the fixes? Regards.
Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

horst18519

Re: FACT MSFS V1.2 release.

Post by horst18519 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:24 pm

You can always find the latest versions and changes here:

https://fsdg-online.com/Version-History ... :_:16.html
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

SAPilot

Post by SAPilot » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:58 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:24 pm
You can always find the latest versions and changes here:

https://fsdg-online.com/Version-History ... :_:16.html
Good day

With all due respect - just the words "bug fixes" in the release notes means nothing to me. Which bugs were fixed ?.

Also - could you have a look at the other "MSFS - Cape Town" thread and acknowledge the issues reported there after the release of version 1.2 , please ?.

Thanks.
Regards

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:10 pm

The new version mostly consisted of adjusting the terrain (removing slopes between apron and runway) and floating objects.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

SAPilot

Post by SAPilot » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:16 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:10 pm
The new version mostly consisted of adjusting the terrain (removing slopes between apron and runway) and floating objects.
Well, there is a till a problem with slopes in this version 1.2. Check Runway 16 / 34.

I have now uninstalled this scenery package - too many errors which were reported last year and recently and either not fixed or acknowledged.

Sorry, not the way to treat a customer.

You have lost a customer and I will not post here anymore about all the issues with MSFS 2020 FACT Scenery package.

Peter Webber

Post by Peter Webber » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:12 am

SAPilot wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:16 pm
horst18519 wrote:
Well, there is a till a problem with slopes in this version 1.2. Check Runway 16 / 34.

I have now uninstalled this scenery package - too many errors which were reported last year and recently and either not fixed or acknowledged.

You have lost a customer and I will not post here anymore about all the issues with MSFS 2020 FACT Scenery package.
Hi...I have had the exact same issues. But I believe it is not FSDG. For myself it is caused by the "beta" MSFS Navigraph software. This is also in reply to your other post.
I have found even when "removing" Navigraph, the issues you describe with FACT are still present. Here are the steps I take:
1) Remove Navigraph using their installer.
2) Restart MSFS.
3) Shutdown MSFS
4) Delete MSFS "Content.xml"
5) Restart MSFS and let it rebuild Content.xml.
You will then see there are no further issues.

I have stopped using Navigraph for MSFS for now. Remember it is in beta. It's causing too many issues with FSDG FACT. Simply removing it via the installer does not work. You have to delete Content.xml and allow MSFS to rebuild it. The moment I "install" Navigraph, problems are back.

Maybe FSDG can look at compatibility from their side, but for now I think the problem is with Navigraph data.

Regards.
Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

SAPilot

Post by SAPilot » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:06 am

Peter Webber wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:12 am
SAPilot wrote:
horst18519 wrote:

Hi...I have had the exact same issues. But I believe it is not FSDG. For myself it is caused by the "beta" MSFS Navigraph software. This is also in reply to your other post.
I have found even when "removing" Navigraph, the issues you describe with FACT are still present. Here are the steps I take:
2) Restart MSFS.
3) Shutdown MSFS

I have stopped using Navigraph for MSFS for now. Remember it is in beta. It's causing too many issues with FSDG FACT. Simply removing it via the installer does not work. You have to delete Content.xml and allow MSFS to rebuild it. The moment I "install" Navigraph, problems are back.

Maybe FSDG can look at compatibility from their side, but for now I think the problem is with Navigraph data.

Regards.
Thanks for the tips. Did it exactly as you described above.
Still a no-go for me.
What is strange is that when after the rebuild of Content.xml [with Navigraph removed] it looks fine.
But, If I shutdown the sim and restart - the problem is back. See below.
Attachments
FACT_SLOPE.jpg
FSDG_Runway_FACT.jpg

Peter Webber

Post by Peter Webber » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:20 am

SAPilot wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:06 am
Peter Webber wrote:
SAPilot wrote:

2) Restart MSFS.
3) Shutdown MSFS

Regards.
Still a no-go for me.
What is strange is that when after the rebuild of Content.xml [with Navigraph removed] it looks fine.
I have identified the issue! Listen up Horst! It has nothing to do with Navigraph. When we first install FSDG Cape Town, it removes the ASOBO entry for FACT in the Content.xml file. So when we first fire up the sim, all is good. Now when we restart the sim at a later stage, MSFS re-populates the Content.xml file with ASOBO FACT! So now we have both FSDG AND ASOBO in the Content.xml. This is the conflict. I think FSDG need to simply change the ASOBO entry to "FALSE", and not to remove it. Otherwise MSFS just re-adds it! I hope FSDG get this message.
Peter Webber

SAPilot

Post by SAPilot » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:03 am

Peter Webber wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:20 am
SAPilot wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:06 am
Peter Webber wrote:

2) Restart MSFS.
3) Shutdown MSFS

Regards.
Still a no-go for me.
I have identified the issue! Listen up Horst! It has nothing to do with Navigraph. When we first install FSDG Cape Town, it removes the ASOBO entry for FACT in the Content.xml file. So when we first fire up the sim, all is good. Now when we restart the sim at a later stage, MSFS re-populates the Content.xml file with ASOBO FACT! So now we have both FSDG AND ASOBO in the Content.xml. This is the conflict. I think FSDG need to simply change the ASOBO entry to "FALSE", and not to remove it. Otherwise MSFS just re-adds it! I hope FSDG get this message.
Now this even more strange. I don't see the behavior you describe above. The entry remains there when I install FSDG FACT :

<Package active="true" name="asobo-airport-fact-cape-town"/>

BUT .. On second start of the sim - I see the issues - as per my screenshot in this thread.

I have asked numerous times in this thread for the developers to comment , but that is not forthcoming. Frustrated here.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:57 pm

All I can say is that there doesn't seem to be an issue with our scenery as we cannot replicate that problem on our test systems.
I thought the tips above (navigraph,...) would help fix the problem.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

SAPilot

Post by SAPilot » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:09 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:57 pm
All I can say is that there doesn't seem to be an issue with our scenery as we cannot replicate that problem on our test systems.
What about the windsock - wrong direction - issue ?
What about the ILS Frequencies ?
- see other thread for screenshots.

Are all the above not a problem on your test system ?

Peter Webber

Post by Peter Webber » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:14 am

SAPilot wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:09 pm
horst18519 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:57 pm
What about the windsock - wrong direction - issue ?
What about the ILS Frequencies ?
- see other thread for screenshots.

Are all the above not a problem on your test system ?
This duplication of scenery and overlapping of scenery is a well know issue. Horst, are you using a version of MSFS which does not contain ASOBO FACT, i.e. Standard version only? If so, you will not see the scenery conflict. To SA Pilot, here is the solution:
You must disable the ASOBO version of FACT. This is explained all over in many forums. Its a MSFS issue when scenery is installed in the same place geographically as existing scenery. There seems to be an issue with priorities and its not as straightforward as in FSX.
Options:
1) You can go to you content manager and delete ASOBO FACT.
2) I did the following:
Open you Content.xml file
Press [CTRL] [F]
Search for FACT
change from "true" to "false"
save.

Conflicting sceneries have to be disabled or deleted. This is a well known limitation of MSFS. I think Horst may not have the ASOBO FACT in his MSFS install (not premium deluxe) and therefore does not see the conflict. Just my guess! Let me know how it goes.
Peter Webber

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:13 pm

I do have the bespoke airport, so do most of our testers and customers. We have not had any similar reports yet. The scenery should show just fine, even with asobo fact active in the content.xml.
We'll keep an eye open for that issue, though. Might pop up for other users as well.

Regarding the other issues: We'll look into them.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

SJK

Post by SJK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:16 am

Check the windsock. Asobo FACT is uninstalled.
Attachments
20220918124219_1.jpg

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:19 am

Latest version is v1.3.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

SJK

Post by SJK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:51 pm

Pardon and thank you.

RichardMcDonaldWoods

Post by RichardMcDonaldWoods » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:23 am

We have now been told that, in its next release, MSFS will not use a content.xml. So it may be worth waiting for later this week to find out how things will work.

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:30 pm

Can we get working jetways that connect to the aircraft properly please!

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:43 pm

I don't find any issues with the jetways in the latest sim version.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:54 am

Yeah for me it doesn't work properly, I tried with different aircraft at different gates:

Based on that I believe maybe the domestic small gates dont work properly and the international do. And for me the domestic gates have never worked since release and I dont use the big gates that often at FACT so I dont know.
Attachments
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.10.13 - 10.23.01.73.png
B77W A5 WORKS
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.10.13 - 10.15.35.27.png
FBW A20N A8
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.10.13 - 10.07.56.37.png
PMDG 737-800 gate A10