FSDG Bremen-XP installation and activation of SAM plugins

Support for all FSDG products
alehead
FS-Version: X-Plane 11

FSDG Bremen-XP installation and activation of SAM plugins

Post by alehead » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:49 pm

Dear support team,
I purchased Bremen-XP from the .org store this afternoon and just attempted to install.

I have a few problems.

While I can install the main airport easily, I have a few issues when it comes to the additional plugins, namely SAM. I already have SAM installed (the latest version, 3)

How do I go about installing the WorldJetways and AirportVehicles elements and activating them? The code provided does not work.

I am really disappointed. I thought this was going to be an easy process...

Andrew Entwistle

alehead

Re: FSDG Bremen-XP installation and activation of SAM plugins

Post by alehead » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:31 pm

Am I supposed to purchase these separately before they can be activated? That is not very clear if that really is the case...

AE

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:09 am

Sorry for the delayed reply.
Our scenery includes the required code to operate the SAM plugin jetways. Since that plugin is from another developer, we cannot provide techical or user support for it, though. Did you try the SAM support forum?
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

alehead

Post by alehead » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:21 pm

Dear Thorsten,
thanks for your reply.

The problem is that, when I attempt to activate the jetways module, the code provided does not work. It is exactly the same code as for the base scenery and has the wrong format according to the SAM interface. Apparently, they use a 24-digit/character code.

Am I right in assuming that the jetways and airport vehicles do not work as advertised unless these modules are activated? If so, then I have a problem with the scenery...

alehead

Post by alehead » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Dear Thorsten,

could you please post a step-by-step install guide for Bremen XP? I have removed all traces of it for the time and reinstalled my SAM through OrbX Central to make sure it works properly with everything. OrbX has SAM2 v2.2.9 as their current version. How do I install Bremen and use SAM with it without destroying my current setup? The version shipped with Bremen is lower than 2.2.9...

Am I supposed to activate the modules GlobalJetways and AirportVehicles for Bremen? If so, how do I do this when the supplied activation code is not accepted?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Just install our Bremen scenery, and then make sure you update SAM to the latest version.
I'm afraid I can't help much more. If you have trouble setting up SAM, you'll need to contact the SAM support.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

alehead

Post by alehead » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:57 pm

So I do not need to activate the modules Jetways and AirportVehicles separately in SAM? The code that is provided by x-plane.org's store does not work...

The implication is to install SAM and activate it with the code provided. That is what does not work...

I am not trying to set up SAM. If I understand it correctly, FSDG has licenced SAM to use the animations in the Bremen scenery. I am confused as to why I need to contact them, as I did not purchase anything from them.

You implement it, but tell me to go to them for support. They will just send me back to FSDG...

Andrew

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:42 pm

You do need to purchase a SAM license. We only include code in our sceneries that allows users to animate the jetways with SAM if they purchased the tool.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

alehead

Post by alehead » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:50 am

That is what I thought after your last post. The info I found to be confusing when I purchased from the .org store. That implied I needed to licence the modules GlobalJetways and airportvehicles using the serial code they provided. The animated marshaller I see. I haven’t noticed animated vehicles so far and the jetways i haven’t been able to try so far, not having started with a suitable airliner at a gate…

Thanks and sorry for the running around in circles. After years in fsx/p3d, I feel as though I am still finding my feet in x-plane.

Probably best to close this one. I will talk to the org store about the confusing instructions.

Andrew