HEGN SODE + VDGS

Support for all FSDG products
Mikealpha
FS-Version: P3Dv5

HEGN SODE + VDGS

Post by Mikealpha » Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi,

first of all thanks for the very nice scenery, really a surprise.

Could you please check the SODE Jetway and VDGS adjustments. Two examples :

At Gate 70, with an A320 parked correctly at the ground marking, Jetway didn't connect, I got an "Aircraft door out of jetway elevation range" error.
At Gate 63, I got VDGS stop indication already very far out from final position.

Thanks Mike !

condorvirtual

Re: HEGN SODE + VDGS

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 pm

Hey Mike,

that problem is not VDGS. It's pretty nice adjusted correctly.
Thus, GSX was missed completly. I could fix most of the issues but Gates 63/64/65 as well as 70 are still not possible to select while parking.

You can find the re-worked GSX file here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sf9yf87bk2e6 ... YqC7a?dl=0

Mikealpha

Post by Mikealpha » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm

condorvirtual wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 pm
You can find the re-worked GSX file here
great, thanks a lot. Although I must admit, I don't quite understand. I have activated the VDGS via TAB-S, what has GSX to do with it then ?

>> but Gates 63/64/65 as well as 70 are still not possible to select while parking

Hi, I could select them, e.g. 63, and VDGS is working now. But I still get that Jetway evelation range error.
Last edited by Mikealpha on Tue May 11, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

condorvirtual

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 3:10 pm

Mikealpha wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm
condorvirtual wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 pm
You can find the re-worked GSX file here
great, thanks a lot. Although I must admit, I don't quite understand. I have activated the VDGS via TAB-S, what has GSX to do with it then ?
VDGS is a visual guidance system only. It simply shows you, at which position your aircraft is intended to stop. That's all. It does not interfere with GSX, Jetways or anything else.

GSX is the major system which has the configuration for all ground vehicles, aircraft and airline information (which shows you the related gates if you don't select "Show all") and is applying a correct STOP-information which defines the surrounding area plus availabilty of the Jetway.
GSX needs to be adjusted as well as the VDGS configuration, which was completly missed here. It looked like this:

To sum it up: VDGS shows you where to stop according to the injected information VDGS has from your aircraft type. That's it. Everything else is SODE & GSX.

Mikealpha

Post by Mikealpha » Tue May 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Ok, understood ! Thanks for the information.