FSDG Hurghada

Support for all FSDG products
Henrik1337
FS-Version: P3Dv3

FSDG Hurghada

Post by Henrik1337 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi,

I recently installed the new Hurghada Scenery and missing some buildings.
Otherwise the scenery is working fine.

Best regards
Henrik1337

https://imgur.com/a/0GEkgNS

Henrik1337
FS-Version: P3Dv3

Re: FSDG Hurghada

Post by Henrik1337 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Edit:
Fixed it by setting the scenery complexity to "Very Dense" sorry my fault.
But it's a little confusing that it has to be on "Very Dense" all my other sceneries working fine with "Dense"

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I was just about to suggest that.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

condorvirtual
FS-Version: P3Dv5

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 12:10 pm

Hey Guys,

first of all thank you for releasing the scenery which is in a technical way done good.
But is there a way to deactivate your photoreal surrounding to favor ORBX Africa?

The whole area surrounding Hurghada has greenish- and whitish areas which I can't reproduce in real-life. Besides, the whole area is in terms of colouring (as seen) a little bit off whereas the surrounding mountaineous area of ORBX is - from my personal point of view - a little bit more approriate.

Best Regards,
Alexander

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm

Thanks for your feedback. The lower image doesn't look realistic. The ground in Egypt is a lot more yellowish, more like our version. Of course that heavily depends on himidity, time of day, weather,...
We tried to find a good compromise between blending with default colors, ftx global, ftx Africa and other sceneries that our scenery might be combined with.
If you still prefer to disable our custom aerial imagery, just backup and disable the respective files. They're easy to identify because they're a) quite big and b) have _B_ and/or _RS_ in the file name. There's a total of 12 of these files in the scenery folder.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

condorvirtual

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

Strange that you come to the assumption that it's unrealistic, while it's a 4K cockpit video which represents the area from my personal point of view, having flown there on duty in the cockpit a few times, pretty good.

Besides that we are having a different opinion in terms of the colour of Egypt, have you noticed the general greenish city?
And all those white patches which I have marked red?

And the sharp difference in colour and texture of the airport to the surrounding area?

Furthermore, are you planning to implement standard PBR textures for Terminal 1? (For comparison reasons, DD Lyon)

The GSX file was as well not working correct, sadly, whereas the VDGS file is good.
Nearly every jetway was not working while the aircraft was located at the Gate. I could fix the majority of it but Gate 64 & 65 as well as 70 is still not working. I assume that there are problems with jetway definitions?

Last but not least, after de-installing the scenery to take some comparison shots, the following message occurs and my sim is not capable of initiating anymore:

Could you tell me why the de-installation process is not complete and what's missing here?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:10 pm

Was Hurghada your only FSDG scenery?
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

condorvirtual

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Negative, I had Djerba (DTTJ) as well installed at this certain moment.
I had to completly re-install P3D after this issue.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:17 pm

There's no need to reinstall P3D if you have an error message like that. Just remove the corresponding add-on.xml file, in that case in your user documents / P3Dv4/v5 addons/FSDG folder.
If you only had FSDG-Djerba before (that one does not contain an ALT file), the FSDG-ALT-Files folder was empty after you uninstalled Hurghada, so P3D could not find any files. For some reason LM decided to put out an error message in that case.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

condorvirtual

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:17 pm
There's no need to reinstall P3D if you have an error message like that. Just remove the corresponding add-on.xml file, in that case in your user documents / P3Dv4/v5 addons/FSDG folder.
If you only had FSDG-Djerba before (that one does not contain an ALT file), the FSDG-ALT-Files folder was empty after you uninstalled Hurghada, so P3D could not find any files. For some reason LM decided to put out an error message in that case.
Thank you. I am for sure not re-installing it because I was intending to, I have already installed other add-ons.
The problem is that your installation and de-installation routine corrupted anything in P3D which led to the situation, that it continuously started writing new entries into the scenery.cfg. Finally, upon selecting an airport, P3D crashed without further notice.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:27 pm

I'm sorry you're having trouble with P3D. I can assure you that none of our sceneries "corrupts" anything in P3D. P3Dv4 and v5 have that very clean add-on.xml method, where an addon is no longer installed in the P3D folder but outside, and is then called using that add-on.xml file. As soon as that file is removed (or disabled in the addons menu), a scenery using that method will have no influence in P3D at all.

Our routine makes sure the FSDG ALT Files area is still called after an uninstall in order to make sure all other FSDG addons (if any are installed) still work without issues.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

skyteam78

Post by skyteam78 » Tue May 11, 2021 3:42 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm
Thanks for your feedback. The lower image doesn't look realistic. The ground in Egypt is a lot more yellowish, more like our version. Of course that heavily depends on himidity, time of day, weather,...
We tried to find a good compromise between blending with default colors, ftx global, ftx Africa and other sceneries that our scenery might be combined with.
If you still prefer to disable our custom aerial imagery, just backup and disable the respective files. They're easy to identify because they're a) quite big and b) have _B_ and/or _RS_ in the file name. There's a total of 12 of these files in the scenery folder.
Sorry but I cannot agree on this one. The bottom one is looks much more realistic for me.
I can understand that it may depend on humidity, weather and etc but the sand cannot be green.
It would be great if you can correct it.
Thanks

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Thanks. We'll give it a try. ;-)
I assume you use the scenery in P3Dv5 - it looks different in v4. We probably have to create different sets for both sims.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

condorvirtual

Post by condorvirtual » Tue May 11, 2021 4:45 pm

Furthermore, the above mentioned critizised points would be nice to be reviewed:
  • Terminal Glass PBR-Textures
Timestamp 09:13min
Source: https://youtu.be/K0gmingn9Xc?t=553

There are no refletive or PBR textures attached at the moment, which results in the terminal having a transparent front. In real, the new terminal has a clear blue and reflective front.
  • Night Lighting
Timestamp 03:30min
Source: https://youtu.be/NfwkTY1ewpg?t=222

The night lighting os good in terms of brightness, but the light colour is completly wrong. You are emiting yellow-bulb lights (warm) whereas the real lighting has a bright white-blueish LED (cold) effect.
Furthermore, the terminal needs more internal lighting. It's completly dark whereas it is in real completly bright illuminated. This kills the immersion completly and that's what the airport is presenting as there is not anymore surrounding it.

• GSX Configuration
I have removed HLF from the airline list, as well as TCX and reconfigured all parking positions on front of Terminal 1.
Stands 63/64/65 are not working correctly and 70 as well which is mainly a problem of the Jetway. This needs to be fixed through SODE or VDGS and re-define the availabilty of the Jetway-Length. Feel free to use the atached GSX file and implement it. Everyone will benefit from it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7n8h2c7xhr2b ... IgKXa?dl=0

Last but not least, the scenery is long awaited and looks in a technical way good in the airport area. Textures have improved, like the taxiway curves with rubber markings on it. Nicely done, appreciate your effort. The night lighting of the runway is as well, excellent done!
There are many other things like the runway is to dark and could need a refurbishment in terms of more grey or having PBR textures across the ground which is barely missed.

If you would be so kind to implement, like every other dev is offering it, a setup which enables the user per "click and select" to enable or disable your photoreal scenery so they can switch between ORBX and yours, I would highly appreciate this as well.

Best Regards and thanks!

skyteam78

Post by skyteam78 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:26 am

horst18519 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:02 pm
Thanks. We'll give it a try. ;-)
I assume you use the scenery in P3Dv5 - it looks different in v4. We probably have to create different sets for both sims.
Thanks a lot! Appreciate your effort.