Confusing options in Config Tool.

Support for all FSDG products
Peter Webber
FS-Version: MSFS

Confusing options in Config Tool.

Post by Peter Webber » Sun May 02, 2021 9:31 am

Good day,
I just need to clear up options in the FSDG config tool.
For Cape Town, there is an "unticked" option that says "ftx lc colors". If I hover my cursor over the option, it displays "matches airport colors with default fsx, P3D".
If I go to Durban, there is an option "Default Terrain". Once again, "matches airport colors with default fsx,P3D". But there is also an option for ftx global terrain which makes more sense.
Now I use OLC Africa and ORBX landclass, etc. Now I know it is normally easy to confuse me, but these options in Cape Town and Durban do not match.
Can you please inform me in Cape Town whether I must tick the option since I do not use default textures?
Which is opposite to what I must do in Durban?
Team, please clear this up, maybe with an updated config tool?
The options are ambiguous.

Regards,

Peter Webber.
Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Confusing options in Config Tool.

Post by horst18519 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:43 am

Depending on which environment addons you use, the surrounding scenery can look quite different. That's why - for these addons - we included twi different aerial imagery versions. We could have named them "A" and "B", but we at least wanted to give you an indication which version might blend best with which surrounding. In the end, you should try both options with your environment and decide yourself which fits better.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com