Msfs: Mauritius:Tiles on low altitude

Support for all FSDG products
Deedjee
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Msfs: Mauritius:Tiles on low altitude

Post by Deedjee » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Hello,
I bought the add-on directly from MSFS store and for now i'm very disappointed by the tile quality, whatever area on the island i'm flying over, it's not worth the download compared to even standard scneneries, i mean , the one that are not improved.
Here enclosed some screenshot of land tiles. It's crappy and absolutely not the level we can expect for the price. Excuse me , 30€
Configuration: Ryzen 5600XT, RTX3070 , 48Gb Ram, MSFS installed on a second drive , nMVE SSD 1TB
Bing activated, photogrametry on, High speed Lan.
Or do i have a problem with my configuration??

And the one that illustrate your cover, way far from the original, specially the reefs on the right.

Let me reminds you your pitch:
explore the island with all its breathtaking beauty. Complete aerial imagery and autogen coverage <== are you sure??
Complete coverage of Mauritius (except Rodrigues)
Complete custom aerial imagery
Realistic reefs around the island

unless there is a problem with the MSFS add-on available from the game, i cannot recommend at all this scenery.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:47 pm

It looks you don't see the full resolution of the ortho imagery.

There is an MSFS limit for custom ortho files, though. That limit currently limits the resolution of the imagery we can ship with our sceneries. We hope that MSFS allows bigger files in the future.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am

We have some good news for those of you who had the tiles issues (see page 1). We fixed that issue. You can download and install the addon again, there should be no more problems with vanishing ortho tiles.

NOTE: MSFS currently has a size limit for (CGL) files. That also limits the maximum possible resolution for aerial imagery in this scenery. Medium resolution imagery in low flight (as seen above) is possible. We have no influence on that.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

carlos
FS-Version: P3Dv3

Post by carlos » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:52 pm

Thank you for having taken the time to check this and for solving it
Took note of the MSFS limitation too
Regards

KRUBARAX

Post by KRUBARAX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:08 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am
We have some good news for those of you who had the tiles issues (see page 1). We fixed that issue. You can download and install the addon again, there should be no more problems with vanishing ortho tiles.
Yeah.. so I had 7 downloads left.
And now, just to update and get rid of a completly broken release product - I have only 6 downloads left.
What happens when the number reaches zero? I wont be able to update anymore? :hihi: :bomb:

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:34 pm

In that case, just send us an email and we'll help you.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

eagf

Post by eagf » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:21 am

horst18519 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 am

NOTE: MSFS currently has a size limit for (CGL) files. That also limits the maximum possible resolution for aerial imagery in this scenery. Medium resolution imagery in low flight (as seen above) is possible. We have no influence on that.
There are now numerous third-party addons that offer high resolutions satellite imagery (e.g. Tenerife Aerial), wouldn't it be possible to use a similar technology to provide less pixelated terrain in your scenes?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 am

We cannot overrule the limits of MSFS. As long as they don't change the code, there's nothing we can do.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com