Missing Jetways Nairobi and Cape Town (P3Dv5)

Support for all FSDG products
craig_read1980
FS-Version: P3Dv5

Missing Jetways Nairobi and Cape Town (P3Dv5)

Post by craig_read1980 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 am

Hi,

I've got a problem with missing jetways for Nairobi and Cape Town in P3Dv5. I've installed the scenery, made sure I unticked static jetways and planes. In addition the steps I have taken so far;

- Re-install Nairboi / Fact, no change (and carried out the functions in the manager i.e. uncheck static jetways).
- Re-Install SODE from your site, no change (note other airports work with SODE).
- I looked in the folder for SODE to see if there was an XML for both airports in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml ... there is no .xml for HKJK of FACT in there..
- Tried looking for a .xml in your scenery folders.. e.g. D:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSDG-LITE-Nairobi to copy over but couldn't find one..

Can you help me please? I'm sure I'm missing something fairly obvious. Thanks..

Craig

craig_read1980

Re: Missing Jetways Nairobi and Cape Town (P3Dv5)

Post by craig_read1980 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:38 am

I've dug out an old backup for my P3Dv4 install, and it's got an XML file for Cape Town (Nairobi is a recent purchase so didn't get that one incorporated).

I found the folder:
....\SODE\SimObjects\FSDG_SODE_FACT

And the file:

FSDG_SODE_FACT.xml

I copied those over manually.. to see if it would work.. and hey presto.. I have SODE gates at FACT... I think this is obviously the problem with Nairobi.. but I don't know why the installer isn't adding the appropriate files for Nairobi or Cape Town by itself? For what it's worth I do install using 'run as admin' as well.

Thanks

Craig

craig_read1980

Post by craig_read1980 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Ok I have fixed it. To anyone having trouble the SODE installs don't seem to come with the airport installers. You must download the SODE Link from FSDG. This installs all the SODE xmls and SODE simobjects for all sceneries.

SODE Link is here http://fsdg-online.com/home/54-fsdg-sode-link.html

The thread I found this on is here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2448

Suggestion: It might be wise to put a note in the configuration tool to prompt the user when the select no static jetways to simply say.... "to use SODE make sure you have SODE Link installed found here... " that would probably save some time.

Thanks

Craig

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. There is actually an information in the config tool when you hover over the jetways option. There's also a SODE paragraph in the manual of each scenery.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

craig_read1980

Post by craig_read1980 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:19 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:52 pm
Thanks for pointing this out. There is actually an information in the config tool when you hover over the jetways option. There's also a SODE paragraph in the manual of each scenery.
I saw it in the end... I think what I would say is generally most other sceneries install everything right away. I what might be good to have installing SODE Link as an option during the first install. I appreciate the information is there, you are right, and yes... I eventually found it... I usually only resort to manuals when I have a problem, so I think “read the manual buddy ;)” is valid in my case... it just might make it a slicker process to have it as part of the installer...

Anyway, just a suggestion.... really like your sceneries by the way :)

Craig

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:25 pm

We'll think about this.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com