How to reinstall FSX SE, after a clean install of Windows 10, but without having uninstalled FSX SE before clean install

Support for all FSDG products
Raymond
FS-Version: FS9

How to reinstall FSX SE, after a clean install of Windows 10, but without having uninstalled FSX SE before clean install

Post by Raymond » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:37 am

Hi,

My full question is:
How to reinstall FSX SE, after a clean install of Windows 10, but without having uninstalled FSX SE before the clean install of Windows 10?

I am soon to upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10 Pro. I have only FSX Steam, and several Orbx and other developers' addons, including the following FSDG addons: Kastellorizo, Mauricius, Reunion, and the scenery Configurator.

Say I do the upgrade, but there are problems... Chillblast, where I got my PC, say in this case a clean install of Win 10 is best.

I have the OS on C: and FSX Steam on D:

Say I do a clean Win 10 pro install, C: will be wiped , but D: will remain, however, all FS programs on C: will have been deleted. FSX will remain on D: perhaps as a zombie.

In this case, I would not have uninstalled addons, then FSX SE, before installing Windows 10.

From there, what can I do to reinstall FSX Steam? Can I just delete ...\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX and then reinstall FSX SE from the Steam program, then install all my addons? Would this fail?

How about the FSDG addons? How do I reinstall them?
This scenario:
I don't uninstall FSDG addons
then, after some problems with an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I have to to a clean Windows 10 install
then I reinstall FSX SE, then the FSDG addons

I would rather not uninstall FSX before the upgrade, in case there are no problems.

So the question is: How to reinstall FSX SE, after a clean install of Windows 10, but without having uninstalled FSX SE before the clean install of Windows 10?

Raymond

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: How to reinstall FSX SE, after a clean install of Windows 10, but without having uninstalled FSX SE before clean ins

Post by horst18519 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:22 pm

If you purchased your addons on Steam, simply install them from the Steam client.
If you purchased them in our (or another) shop, just run the installer.
I don't think you'll have to re-install anything after upgrading, though.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com