St Lucia OOM

Support for all FSDG products
uriahms
FS-Version: FS9

St Lucia OOM

Post by uriahms » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:49 am

I cannot fly into TLPC or TLPL without the significant risk of an OOM. This morning I was flying the Carenado Falcon FA50 from TLPL to TLPC and got 5 straight OOMs. I also have St Vincent installed and I have the same problem there. I love this scenery as it contians every detail that every other scenery was missing: Rat Island, Vigie Lighthouse, Good rendition of the pitons, Moule-a-Chique Lighthouse, Maria Islands.
What is lacking to me is the poor representation of Port Castries. TAXI2GATE has beaten FSDG in that regard. I would suggest cruise ships at Point Seraphine and the southern wharf and a couple cargo vessels on the southern wharf. Also the rocks at the 09 end of the runway is missing and there is not supposed to be a fence at the across the western edge of the runway.

Can I please get a response about the OOMs. Am I the only one? Is there a fix etc. I have just turned off 3d lights and traffic in the configurator and I am about to try again to see if there is an improvement. Thank you.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: St Lucia OOM

Post by horst18519 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:15 pm

You're comparing an airport addon (with a bit of surroundings) to an addon that covers a whole island with 2 detailed airports. Offering two very detailed and realistic airports and a complex island with aerial imagery, mesh, autogen, landmarks,... for almost the same price as one addon just covering one of those airports (the smaller one) usually means making compromises. We could have included a few rocks and sell it for twice the price, but that's not our policy.
You'll have more than just static ships though if you also use our POTC - The Adventures addon which includes AI ship traffic for the islands.
Regarding the fence, I've been to Castries a year ago and can assure you the fence is there (although in reality below runway level at this end of the runway).
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: St Lucia OOM

Post by horst18519 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Now to the OOMs: FSX has this very ugly limitation to allow only a small amount of RAM to be used. This is why we mostly use 2048 textures in our addons. If you want (and can afford) a high memory usage you can use the 2048 setting via the fsx.cfg. If you run into OOMs just use the default 1024 setting. We have not had any OOM reports using this default 1024 textures setting.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com