FACT rave and a few suggestions

Support for all FSDG products
Mikhail117
FS-Version: FS9

FACT rave and a few suggestions

Post by Mikhail117 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi there
Your rendition of FACT is simply top shelf. The level of effort you put into the tiny niche details are endless. As a Capetonian, I feel like I've always been waiting for a decent rendition of Cape Town and it's been worth the wait. I've flown out of Cape Town many times as a passenger and too as a pilot the immersion and nostalgia I've felt over the past few days is indescribable. Small things like the apron clutter, the vehicles driving on the left and even the fence next to thunder city I used to sit and spot on when I was a kid are all modeled correctly. It's worth every cent and more. So just from my side, a huge thanks for bringing this scenery to P3D.
My intention is not to nitpick but I'd like to add a few suggestions if there's a future update coming.... First off, a SODE issue, would be the ability to only select the front, non preferred jetway for docking. It says the 2nd door is "out of jetway rotation range" and this is in fact the door that the jetway operators connect to at FACT. Next, the big radar tower in the GA area has a shadow, so with shadows enabled in P3D, it has a double shadow. Lastly, the apron markings are illuminated at night. I'm not sure if it's a P3D issue, but the jetway clear area red marking for example along with the parking lines and road markings are all quite bright despite the dynamic lighting not being that intense. I have already mentioned to you guys about the stop markings in an email and that's really all I have to try and help boost the realism even futher. I'm not sure if you guys are planning on activating the safegate but that would also be great and if you ever start adding interiors to your scenery one day in the distant future, please don't forget about this little gem.

Thanks again and flying greetings :)

maukro1990
FS-Version: FSX

Re: FACT rave and a few suggestions

Post by maukro1990 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Mikhail117 wrote:Hi there
Your rendition of FACT is simply top shelf. The level of effort you put into the tiny niche details are endless. As a Capetonian, I feel like I've always been waiting for a decent rendition of Cape Town and it's been worth the wait. I've flown out of Cape Town many times as a passenger and too as a pilot the immersion and nostalgia I've felt over the past few days is indescribable. Small things like the apron clutter, the vehicles driving on the left and even the fence next to thunder city I used to sit and spot on when I was a kid are all modeled correctly. It's worth every cent and more. So just from my side, a huge thanks for bringing this scenery to P3D.
My intention is not to nitpick but I'd like to add a few suggestions if there's a future update coming.... First off, a SODE issue, would be the ability to only select the front, non preferred jetway for docking. It says the 2nd door is "out of jetway rotation range" and this is in fact the door that the jetway operators connect to at FACT. Next, the big radar tower in the GA area has a shadow, so with shadows enabled in P3D, it has a double shadow. Lastly, the apron markings are illuminated at night. I'm not sure if it's a P3D issue, but the jetway clear area red marking for example along with the parking lines and road markings are all quite bright despite the dynamic lighting not being that intense. I have already mentioned to you guys about the stop markings in an email and that's really all I have to try and help boost the realism even futher. I'm not sure if you guys are planning on activating the safegate but that would also be great and if you ever start adding interiors to your scenery one day in the distant future, please don't forget about this little gem.

Thanks again and flying greetings :)
FSDG is aware of the Jetway issue and they´re working on an SODE-Link-Update for FACT. I opened a topic about the similar issue in the german forum area and these guys are very fast in responding to bugreports etc. ;) Link to the german topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2722

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: FACT rave and a few suggestions

Post by horst18519 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate that. :)

We'll be looking into parking tags and GA night markings. For the time being there's a new version of our SODE link online which should take care of any jetway problems.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com