Seychelles V2 installation

Support for all FSDG products
rooster
FS-Version: FS9

Seychelles V2 installation

Post by rooster » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 am

Hello

I have just upgraded to V2 of Seychelles X. On installation I am getting this message. Installation incomplete FSDG/FSDG-SEYCHELLES/SCENERY/SEY-ARIDE BGL Path not found. when checking there is no texture folder in the install with many blacked out textures in the sim. Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Malcolm Hancock

EmilG

Re: Seychelles V2 installation

Post by EmilG » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:06 pm

Below are the instructions on installing FSDG-Seychelles v2:

1. Un-install any previous version of Seychelles (i.e. AS-Seychelles X)

2. Download FSDG_Seychelles_v2_FSX_P3D.zip

3. Extract the .zip in a folder

4. Run the FSDG-Seychelles.EXE file

5. Use your serial key for the installer

rooster

Post by rooster » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Thank you for your reply Emilios but I have followed the installation instructions to the letter and this is the problem I've ended up with as mentioned above. I have even downloaded three times from the various links at Aerosoft with all security off just to check for a bad download and it comes up the same each time. Any other thoughts please.

Thank you.
Malcolm

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 pm

The error you posted indicates that the installer cannot find the external files that it requires. The external files are located into a 'FSDG' folder that should become visible when extracting the .zip archive.

So upon extraction you should get the following files

-FSDG_Seychelles_v2_FSX_P3D.exe
-"FSDG" folder

If those two above are not located in the same folder/location then the installation will not work.

If you do, and still get the error I would only guess the archive being 'corrupt'. If you contact me at support@fsdg-online.com I will supply a new link just in case.

rooster

Post by rooster » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Thank you Emilios. Your second set of instructions worked for me. I did not have one of the two files placed correctly ,I just ran the exe before but all is well now. thank you once again and best regards.

Malcolm