SOLVED : FSX SE - Scenery Configurator error

Support for all FSDG products
Kies
FS-Version: FS9

SOLVED : FSX SE - Scenery Configurator error

Post by Kies » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to get the Scenery Configurator (SC) running, but it produces an error "It seems that you have not installed any FSDG product that requires the FSDG Scenery Configurator........"

I have purchased and installed Thessaloniki through Steam & installed Oresund directly - both are now in the scenery library (Orseund entered manually, Thessaloniki installed automatically).

I could not find an install of the SC with the Steam DLC or find a version of the SC to add via Steam (I read somewhere about locating it in Steam Tools - no luck). So I downloaded and ran it from the FSDG Tools download instead.

Paths :

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX <- FSX main path
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379588\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki <- LGTS has folders _1, _2, _3 here
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\FSDG <- FSDG folder, below is the core folder with the .xml files in
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\FSDG\FSDG-Oresund <- Where FSDG-Oresund installed itself

Seems like a pathing issue to me, but question is, during the SC install, where should I specify the install to go ? I've tried many options !

I haven't yet tried to view Oresund Bridge in-game, but LGTS scenery seems to be there ok, just that ATC want me to use the under construction 28 runway and I believe there's a setting in SC to disable 10/28 ?

Thanks,

Kies.

Kies

Re: SOLVED : FSX SE - Scenery Configurator error

Post by Kies » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Solved : Found another DLC folder with FDSG LGTS files and specified that as the install path for the Configurator.

I have now managed to get the SC running and *think* the operational runways seem to be working now (although the tick box seems to be inverted).

Cheers.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:23 am

Hi there,

The configurator files need to be in the same root folder as your scenery files.
So the the .EXE along with core folder with XML files etc.. should be into "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379588\FSDG\"

Is this how you have it currently? what did you mean with tick box being inverted?

Kies

Post by Kies » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:42 am

EmilG wrote:Hi there,

The configurator files need to be in the same root folder as your scenery files.
So the the .EXE along with core folder with XML files etc.. should be into "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379588\FSDG\"

Is this how you have it currently? what did you mean with tick box being inverted?
Thanks Emilio, yes, the SC .exe is now in the path D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379540\FSDG , I seem to have 2 DLC folders for the LGTS Steam install, odd, but now I've found the correct folder with the .exe in the right place in the parent folder above the scripts folder that contains the config_FSDG_LGTS.xml file & the core folder it works. Key was to find the folder containing the config_FSDG_LGTS.xml file I think. Working now though !

The other issue with tick box being inverted is shown in the screenshots, with it TICKED, it seems to DEACTIVATE the 28/10 and with it UNTICKED, it ACTIVATES 28/10 ? I would have said it should be the other way round according to it's label ? (Activate RW10/28 Operations).

I've attached some pics showing the status of FSDG SC & what ATC request of me, same time, same date, same Gate. With it ticked, ATC point me at 34 or 16 and with it ticked they point me at 28, I've tested this approx. 6 or so times and it's the same each time.

Thanks !
Activate_10-28_unticked.jpg
Activate_10-28_ticked.jpg

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:14 pm

I wonder if Steam installs all our sceneries into the same 379540 DLC folder or if it changes according to scenery, will contact them to get a look at it.
thanks.

ok, so for the airport rwys please try the following:

-Run FSDG SC and reset to defaults (global tab)

-Extract the zip i attach somewhere on your desktop
rw10-28.7z
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
-transfer the extracted FSDG folder into "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379540\"

-It should ask to replace all, please do.

That will replace your scripts file as well as your AFD airport files, let me know if anything's better now.

Kies

Post by Kies » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:32 am

Thanks Emilios, will give that a go. Although now the dreaded OOM popped up on my flight from LCLK to LGTS tonight on Final, so need to sort that one out !

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:58 am

i would start by running the SC and checking the 'airliner option'. That should relieve memory considerably.