Support for all FSDG products
mopperle
FS-Version: FS9

Installer problems /FSX/P3Dv3

Post by mopperle » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Have an annoying problem with the installation of Paro:

installed it a while ago under FSX -> everything is fine
now installed it with the new installer in P3Dv3 -> installation in FSX is gone
installed it again in FSX -> now in P3D it is gone.

Can you please fix this?

Another problem I realized when trying to solve this: The installer/uninstaller under Start/Control Panel/Programs for all other FSDG products point to a totally different program. In my case it asks me if I want to uninstall my Carenado C2008 Grand Caravan. :-/
Regards,
Otto

EmilG

Re: Installer problems /FSX/P3Dv3

Post by EmilG » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:23 pm

About Carenado, not too sure what's wrong there, could you perhaps press start and point to FSDG folder, then post a screenshot of what you see in it? If you, for example, double-click to remove FSDG-Paro, does this shoot Carenado's un-installer ?
i suspect some common registry issue, which would be quite rare.

Dual installation of the software is not possible.
Please contact support@fsdg-online.com for information on how to manually do this, by-passing the installer.

mopperle

Post by mopperle » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Emilios, thanks for coming back. Regarding the uninstall problem:

First thing to be mentioned, the Carenado 208B Gran Caravan has been installed long before I installed the first FDSG product. When I double click on any of the FSDG uninstaller I get this:
2015-10-17_14h43_56.jpg
When I click on uninstall, the Carenado gets uninstalled. After this the FSDG uninstaller points now to the correct scenery. But when I install the Carenado again, same problem. The entries in the registry seem to be correct and point to the correct uninstaller:
2015-10-17_14h53_25.jpg
2015-10-17_14h56_22.jpg
And when I run the uninstaller directly, everything seems to be fine. (OK, didn't test it finally)

Regarding the double installation of Paro. Just to make sure, your advise also works with the new folder- and config file structure in P3D?

It would be a godd idea to have an installer that allows dual installation as all other addons too. ;-)
Regards,
Otto

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:00 pm

OK thanks for the info, working on it.

About manual installation, did you mean if you need all files and folders (including config files) ? In that case, yes, you need to get everything in that folder and drop into P3D root.
If you meant smth else, let me know :)

mopperle

Post by mopperle » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:33 pm

No, what I meant: with 2.5 LM changed the folderstructure and the place where various config files are stored and separated some things. That was the reason why you need different installers for P3D from now on. But as long as your installer doesn't write anywhere else then into the scenery.cfg, everything should be fine.
Regards,
Otto

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:53 pm

mopperle wrote:No, what I meant: with 2.5 LM changed the folderstructure and the place where various config files are stored and separated some things. That was the reason why you need different installers for P3D from now on. But as long as your installer doesn't write anywhere else then into the scenery.cfg, everything should be fine.
Our current installers don't write/change default files so no problem with that.

mopperle

Post by mopperle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:39 am

Emilios, I just got the same problem when installing Heraklion under P3Dv3 and I guess that your "solution" again is to copy files manually.

But to be honest, this is not a solution! All other vendors are able to provide an installer that allows to install products in different simulöators without copying files manually. So I see no reason why you cant do this und ecpect a real solution soon. ;)
Regards,
Otto