Nuuk Issue

Support for all FSDG products
AirGreenland
FS-Version: FS9

Nuuk Issue

Post by AirGreenland » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Evening all,

Purchased your Nuuk scenery this evening and followed the install procedure by the book using the setup file.

Unfortunately, this is what I see in FSX (image attached)

There are obviously landclass issues in addition to the ground polygons being missing. AFX_BGGH_ALT is present in scenery/world/scenery.

Any thoughts please gents?
Attachments
Nuuk.png

EmilG

Re: Nuuk Issue

Post by EmilG » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Are there any other third party Greenland add-ons installed?

AirGreenland

Post by AirGreenland » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:06 pm

No other addons I'm afraid. I have deactivated my entire scenery library and scowled the FSX directory for anything which might conflict with the scenery and can find no trace.

If I go to an altitude, the airport appears normal.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

AirGreenland

Post by AirGreenland » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:12 pm

This is how the airfield looks with FSDG Nuuk deactivated. Your theory of another addon looks to be the case.
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:47 pm

AirGreenland wrote:This is how the airfield looks with FSDG Nuuk deactivated. Your theory of another addon looks to be the case.
I suppose something is interfering with the mesh in Nuuk. Default airport should look like attached.
Attachments
default_airport.jpg

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 am

Activated or not, some addons interfere with scenery even if disabled in the scenery library, mostly because of changed airport altitudes with small files like the one we placed in the scenery/world/scenery folder. Is there any other file for BGGH in that folder that might interfere?Are you using some high resolution mesh addon?
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

officercrockey
FS-Version: FSX

Post by officercrockey » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 am

I am having similar problems that I couldn't solve yet. I have FTX Global + Vector but I am not sure if it is related somehow. This "stripe" as you can see on my pic doesn't seem to belong to the scenery.

Any ideas? I haven't installed any other greenland scenery and disabled the Airport Elevation correction in FTX already (no difference)
Attachments
BGGH.jpg
example

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 am

Well it does belong to the scenery (it's a hidden runway for AI helicopters), but of course it should not be visible. Just like the other issue in this thread I would suspect a mesh issue or another altitude file in the scenery/world/scenery folder.
But first of all, please reinstall Nuuk to see if that solves the problem. If not please disable everything else (addons) in the scenery library and look in the scenery/world/scenery folder for ALT files that might conflict with Nuuk.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

officercrockey
FS-Version: FSX

Post by officercrockey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 am

I didn't do anything and it was fine after a reboot of the PC :)

So now I can say congrats to this great scenery, was worth every cent. And I also like the AI-Part of it... I was quite surprised when an Air Greenland plane took off before me...