FSDG Thessaloniki X v2.0 OOM happens again

Support for all FSDG products
mpanis
FS-Version: FS9

Post by mpanis » Thu May 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello everyone

I have the latest Thessaloniki v2.0 together with the new FSDG scenery configurator v1.0.
I just made a flight today with the PMDG 777 and while i made the proper selection (attachment included) with the scenery configurator, i get OOM 9 to 10 nm while approaching. That never happened with the previous configurator "Thessaloniki X City Configurator v3.0" which did the job before. I also use the process explorer which confirmed 4093 use of memory.

Can someone help me or give me a solution please

Thanks
Attachments
Thessaloniki X.jpg

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi,

Thessaloniki v2 contains the exact same scenery files as Thessaloniki v1. The only difference is lights and texture enhancements between those two versions, nothing that would increase VAS. My guess is that you may have smth else installed in between or use higher settings? i.e. autogen? AI? weather?

Could you please attach a shot of display settings and also give me a read-out of VAS usage with the default 'trike' aircraft at LGTS apron using the airliner option?

mpanis

Re: FSDG Thessaloniki X v2.0 OOM happens again

Post by mpanis » Thu May 14, 2015 10:12 pm

I just tried it without 3D grass and static aircraft and i was around 3750 memory overall with 3800 the highest for some seconds (so no OOM). To be honest the grass is doing the heaviest job from what i realize. Anyway i will give you some of my settings info just for the sake of it. I am using UT2 for my AI at 70% traffic, like i did with version 1 Thessaloniki X, so nothing changed here, i also use OPUS FSI for my weather engine instead of REX that i used to use, i also use REX 4 Texture Direct and Ground Environment X Europe . My autogen density is DENSE, Scenery complexity Extr Dense, Mesh Complexity 80, Mesh Resolution 2m, Texture resolution 15cm, Advanced animations on. Thats about it, the only thing i changed was my weather engine and i dont think it has to do with it.

I hope i gave you enough info, if you want to check it further!

Thanks again for you time

George

mpanis

Post by mpanis » Thu May 14, 2015 10:18 pm

I forgot the "trike", sorry.

2396 memory usage at dusk with 3D night lights on.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Fri May 15, 2015 12:51 am

Thanks for the info.
Your VAS readings are already 300-400MB above what I get here. Probably it's your add-ons which I don't have. 3D grass takes some memory of course, so keep it off it helps. Another VAS huge eater is LOD radius; with that set to normal (isntead of large), you can save a lot of memory, perhaps this setting was set to normal previously?

i just cross-checked scenery files and ordered by amount of MB used:

v1 (default) = 156,194 KB
v1 (LITE II) = 53,393 KB

v2 (VFR) = 156,548 KB
v2 (Airliner)= 53,747 KB

We haven't updated anything in v2 that would cause massive memory loads.
can't see any reason why now you started getting OOM errors...OPUS FSX I also doubt is a problem.

in any case, if you still cannot locate the problem, you could revert to v1 Thessaloniki and can manually 'guide' you how to get the necessary v2 files installed (excluding scenery files), just to ease your mind that it's not a 'version' issue :)