[Solved] FSDG - Flight Tales II - Adrenaline for FSX Steam

Support for all FSDG products
gentamwoman99
FS-Version: FS9

[Solved] FSDG - Flight Tales II - Adrenaline for FSX Steam

Post by gentamwoman99 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:05 am

Unable to start some missions. Not sure what to do. Thank you for your help!

1. One error is for the introductory mission:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.62608.0
Application Timestamp: 54abe5b4
Fault Module Name: simscheduler.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.62608.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 54abe5e1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000399f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

2. another error is for the wingsuit 137,000 feet drop mission:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.62608.0
Application Timestamp: 54abe5b4
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 17765f24
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

LCID: 1033

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
Last edited by gentamwoman99 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: FSDG - Flight Tales II - Adrenaline for FSX Steam

Post by horst18519 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:10 am

We're looking into this.
The installation of FTII seems to have been successful - can you successfully load FSX and see the list of all missions?

When exactly do the crashes occur? In the "FTII - The Dive" mission, I would expect you tried to land with the wingsuit (which results in a fatal crash obviously, so better pull the parachute before you try that), which can lead to FSX crashes for reasons we couldn't yet figure out. Always pull the chute before you approach the ground!

As for the Introduction mission, when does it crash?
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

gentamwoman99

Post by gentamwoman99 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:42 am

Thank you for getting back to me. Please note I am new to Flight Simulator on Steam. I will include a couple of screen shots to prove my settings are per your manual instructions (see file named, fsxSettingsPerManual.jpg).

Please note that being unfamiliar with purchasing add-ons and using the simulator that some of my issues may be caused by user error.
horst18519 wrote:can you successfully load FSX and see the list of all missions?
Yes. See uploaded file named, quest.missionList.jpg.
horst18519 wrote: When exactly do the crashes occur? In the "FTII - The Dive" mission, I would expect you tried to land with the wingsuit (which results in a fatal crash obviously, so better pull the parachute before you try that), which can lead to FSX crashes for reasons we couldn't yet figure out. Always pull the chute before you approach the ground!

As for the Introduction mission, when does it crash?
I will try to list when the mission fails and how. Or, if it loads and I can play it. Please note that I haven't completed any missions yet.

Mission List:
1. - Introduction: Get familiar with the FTII world and see how these new missions work.
This crashes FSX after clicking Fly!. FSX begins loading terrain data and it gets to Loading completed 100% and crashes. Error is:

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	fsx.exe
  Application Version:	10.0.62608.0
  Application Timestamp:	54abe5b4
  Fault Module Name:	simscheduler.dll
  Fault Module Version:	10.0.62608.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	54abe5e1
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	0000399f
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	1033

LCID:	1033

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

2. Beyond The Ice: Rescue a team of scientists in the perpetual ice of the Antarctica - and prepare for the unthinkable...
- Mission starts.
- No video for this mission.
- No on screen instructions.
- No compass.
- no copilot's commands.
- kneeboard was not helpful as it did not contain voice messages nor the mission objectives.
- Helicopter's engines off and it is on water when mission starts.

3. Crucial Extraction: In a country far away, extract a team of peacekeepers while getting caught in the crossfire of two opposing armies
- Mission starts.
- No compass.
- no copilot's commands.
- kneeboard was not helpful as it did not contain voice messages nor the mission objectives.
- DC3 is in flight when mission starts.

4. Grand Canyon Air Race: Compete in the ultimate air race through the world-famous Grand Canyon and beat several (AI) opponents to win the trophy!
- Mission starts
- I see a grand caravan with engine running next to me.
- No compass.
- no copilot's commands.

5. Grand Canyon Air Race - Qualifying: Of course, before competing, you have to qualify first!
- Did not attempt.

6. Heavens Gate: ADRENALINE at its best: Spread your arms and soar through a mountain (!) at the world's best base-jump location, Tianmen Mountain, China
- Did not attempt.

7. Heavy Crafter: Use the heavy Merlin helicopter to assemble a cablecar pillar up in the Swiss mountains - an extremely difficult job for top pilots only!
- Did not attempt.

8. Sonic Boom: Reach Mach 1 to break both, the sound barrier and the record for the fastest car ever, with the 17,000BHP MaxxThrust rocket car!
- Did not attempt.

9. Singapore Air Taxi (SPAT): Be a helicopter taxi pilot in the famous metropolis and build your career, flying VIP passengers all across the city state
- Mission starts.
- In the new helicopter.
- No compass.
- no copilot's commands.

10. Strictly Legal: The bastard is back! Accompany a 'friend' you met years ago in Peru (see Flight Tales I - Peruvian Rain) in a bring-and-collect mission that might question your moral integrity...
- Mission starts.
- no copilot's commands.

11. Swallowed: Be the first man to actually fly a helicopter into one of the biggest caves on Earth! Lots of Adrenaline in this never-done-before mission!
- Did not attempt.

12. The Dive: Probably a familiar story these days: Ascend to the edges of the stratosphere and jump down, using a jet pack and a parachute to return to Earth in style
- Mission starts but unable to make balloon move.
- Graphics are messed up.

13. Top Shot: Perform a fighter training with the new ADRENALINE Lock-On technology that enables you to actually lock onto the training targets!
- Did not attempt.

14. Tough Comeback: Your return from the Patagonian Ice Field after a weekend on the glacier is much more than a Birthday Surprice - it's a fight against the forces of nature...
- Did not attempt.

15. Twisted Prediction: Take radar images of a building storm with potential tornados, and prepare yourself for a weather phenomenon you have never, ever seen in Flight Simulator!
- Did not attempt.

16. Uberpower: For the first time ever, compete in a Flight Simulator race - on water! Control your ADRENALINE as you compete against tough opponents in a powerboat race on Lake Maggiore, Switzerland
- The instructions indicate that after a short introduction, the Race Director will call the famous "Gentlemen, start your engines!, but this did not happen, there was NO introduction.
- No other competitors.
- But, this mission did start although I did not play it as I was waiting for the introduction that never started.

thank you for your help!
Attachments
fsxSettingsPerManual.jpg
Settings configured Per Manual
quest.missionList.jpg
Mission List
quest.missionList.jpg (36.94 KiB) Viewed 9708 times

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 am

Ok, thanks for the detailed feedback. My first guess would be that the installer failed to add the scenery area to the scenery library. If you start FSX, go to settings and scenery library, FTII - ADRENALINE should be at the top of the scenery area list. If it is not you'd better install the addon again. If it still isn't listed you would have to add the area manually. I'll give you more detailed instructions on that if necessary.

If the scenery library area exists we'll have to look deeper into this issue, but from what you experience, I would say it's from missing scenery objects that prevent the missions from loading correctly.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

gentamwoman99

Post by gentamwoman99 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi,

I attached a screenshot showing most of my scenery. Note that when it began numbering scenery as a number+Base that I skipped most of them as there were a lot of those.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
sceneryobjects.jpg
scenery objects

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks for helping us pin the culprit - it's indeed the missing scenery library area.
Please install the Flight Tales II again and check if it's added to the scenery library. You can't miss it as it will be #1 if it's added. If it's not #1, it again failed to be added. This could be because of several reasons, the most likely would be that the setup wasn't run with administrator rights.

Anyway, if it again fails, this is what you do:

- go to the scenery library area
- click "add area"
- navigate to FSX/FSDG
- click (not double-click!) on the Flight Tales II - ADRENALINE folder!
- click OK
-> the subfolder with scenery and texture folders automatically opens in the window
- now click in the white area below the texture folder! (this is very important and has to do with an FSX bug in Win7/8 that has never been fixed)
- the window should now close and Flight Tales II - ADRENALINE should be added as priority 1 to your scenery library
- start any mission, everything should be working now!
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

gentamwoman99

Post by gentamwoman99 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

I added the scenery as shown in the screenshot and the first mission started and did not crash.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
resolved.jpg
resolved

gentamwoman99

Post by gentamwoman99 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:17 pm

gentamwoman99 wrote:I added the scenery as shown in the screenshot and the first mission started and did not crash.

For reference, I am using, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, x64-based PC.
And, I ran the installer as Administrator. See screenshot.

But, I had to manually add the scenery per your instructions.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
runAsAdmin.jpg
ran as administrator