Seychelles X

Support for all FSDG products
JoseCFII
FS-Version: FS9

Seychelles X

Post by JoseCFII » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Thank you for another excellent FSX add-on. I bought Seychelles X after viewing some impressive on-line videos.

I'm just having some texture flickering of the houses (roofs) and the hangar at FSIA. It's these annoying flashing textures that happen with some video cards.

I'm using a gtx 480 and recommended dx9. I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this issue since I could not find anything on-line.

I can record a video and e-mail you a link to download if I'm not

Any help is certainly appreciated.

Jose

JoseCFII

Re: Seychelles X

Post by JoseCFII » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I can't find any information on how to use the Seychelles Liveries with the Twin Otter Extended.

Am I the only one who read this manual? See page 5.

INSTALLATION
To install this add-on, simply run the downloaded setup and follow the instructions on
the screen. On successful completion of the installation process, you should find a
new area in your FSX scenery library (FSDG – Kastellorizo X).

JoseCFII

Post by JoseCFII » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:47 pm

I just realized that the 3d night lighting is not on. Maybe it's an FTX/Autogen issue?

Since there appears to be no support on this site, I'll make this my last post and last purchase.

Cheers!

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello Jose,

sorry for the delay, it's still the summer holidays season here, so it took a bit until we were able to respond.
It would probably help if you could point out which objects are flickering. Did you try to reinstall the scenery? This might also help with 3D lights. They should not be affected by any other addon, as long as you install Seychelles X after you installed any other addon and make sure the ftx mode is disabled. (it should always be disabled anyway if you fly outside ftx areas)

As for the Twin Otter issue, I'm afraid I can't help you on this. I'm sure, you'll find answers to that question on the Aerosoft forums.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

JoseCFII

Post by JoseCFII » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Thorsten,

Thank you. I'm glad you were on vacation.

I found a livery:

Great Scenery

The issue with FTX is the same one I had with Lar's LGSK. After he sent the files to ORBX, I no longer have Autogen problems. What happens is that every time I apply FTX Central, I loose the lighting at Seychelles. What I've done is save a copy of my Autogen folder and just replace it. This save me from having to re-install.

The ONLY thing left is these flashing houses. All these houses flash/flicker. I had this problem with NiceX. After mip-maped textures were released, I no longer had flashing objects.

If I knew how to mip-map textures I would fix them, but I have no idea on how to do this.

Please fix this. I do not have any problems with any of my other sceneries. I often see this in freeware. Those don't stay in my computer long.

I really like this scenery, but the flickering textures ruin it.

Thank you.
Jose

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Sorry for the again delayed response, we're quite busy with getting 2 new projects into their final stages of development.
Now, the 3D lights as well as other autogen objects are indeed defined in the default.xml, so if another addon replaces the default.xml, those additions can get lost. You can add them manually, but I'd suggest to disable the ftx mode whenever you fly outside ftx area, like I said before. Normally, ftx central should restore the default.xml to its prior status if you disable the ftx areas, so if you install Seychelles while ftx is off and then switch ftx on and off, you should still have the Sey additions. But those ftx issues should rather be discussed with the ftx support.

Now to the flickering textures. If I understand correctly, the textures are not actually flickering, it's rather the moiree effect you have when textures don't include mipmaps? In that case, it's impossible to show in screenshots. I guess that's why those screenshots look perfectly well.
Now, the buildings textures do in fact all have mipmaps, so this can't be the reason for the effect you see. Maybe you can play around with mipmap settings of your gfx card. I once had a similar problem myself and was able to solve it in the gfx settings. From your screenshots it looks as all your textures are indeed very crisp. The gfx card can choose to load mipmaps at different distances. If you choose high values there, you have more crisp textures, but they tend to show more of that moiree effect. If you reduce this value, you'll get less of that effect, but more blurred textures.
Those things are usually not related to the actual addon or the texture, but in this case, where you probably see this effect on the roofs mostly, it's probably more obvious as those roofs have higher resolution textures than most autogen buildings, so they include more detail, making them more "vulnerable" to that kind of effect.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com