Trees and houses on beaches + strange lines

Support for all FSDG products
shasta62
FS-Version: FS9

Trees and houses on beaches + strange lines

Post by shasta62 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Good evening,

after some disappointments with the original DEX I decided to buy DEX Terrain + DEX Landmarks from simmarket, since I live in Lüneburg and fly in real life from Hamburg with small aircraft.
There is definitely an improvement in compatibility - the biggest problem for me with the original DEX. Unfortunately not everything is fine. With UT Europe activated I have houses and trees on the beaches of the Baltic Sea. Attached is a picture near Heringsdorf (you´ll recognize the "Seebrücke" in Heringsdorf). When "UT Europe Ground Polygons" is deactivated (all UT Europe entries far below DEX in the scenery library) the houses and trees at the beach are gone --> hence there is a compatibility problem. I don´t want to disable UT Europe, since I´d like to fly from DEX to Denmark as in real life. Maybe there could be a patch...
In addition there are some strange lines in the water near Heringsdorf that don´t disappear when UT Europe is disabled (see 2nd picture) - they are from somewhere else. Do you have an idea?

Thank you for your support!
Christian

PS: The FTX patch is applied and FTX mode is "Default" - as it was when I installed "DEX reloaded".
Attachments
Heringsdorf.jpg
Strange lines in the water near Heringsdorf
Strand Heringsdorf.jpg
Trees and houses at the beach

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Trees and houses on beaches + strange lines

Post by horst18519 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello Christian,

thanks for the feedback. I see there's an issue with UTX indeed, we'll check this and give you an update on this asap.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

shasta62

Post by shasta62 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank you, Thorsten!

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:41 am

Christian, can you please make sure to re-install DEX with removing all DEX-content from your HDD and from the terrain.cfg and default.xml? Looks like there are bits left from the old (Aerosoft) installation. At least that autogen on the beach shouldn't be there with DEX. We're looking into potential UTX compatibility issues right now.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Christian, those lines in the water were in fact not an UTX issue but a problem with our waterborders file. A wrong file slipped into the release candidate. Attached is the correct one. Please download and read info file.
Attachments
DEX_North_Water_Correction.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 473 times
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

shasta62

Post by shasta62 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello Thorsten,

thank you for the file that removes the strange lines in the water - it worked perfectly. Unfortunately I wasn´t able to get rid of the autogen on the beaches. Only by disabeling UT Europe it is gone. Obviously it is an UT Europe problem - but disabeling it I found out, that the golf courses in Travemünde are now golf courses, i.e. the wrong brown texture is not from a previous DEX installation, but comes from UT Europe (see my other thread). So, disabeling UT Europe solves the beach-Autogen as well as the golf course texture problem, but isn´t really an option, since I´d like to fly from the DEX area into Denmark and there UT Europe is needed.

Have a nice evening
Christian

Edit: I just enabled UT Europe (v1.5) again and had the autogen on the beaches and the brown golf course textures. Then I deactivated "sandy beaches" and "golf courses" in the UTX control panel and this worked. So now I have UTX Europe enabled and just the golf course textures and sandy beaches textures disabled and no problems in DEX with these issues. Probably I don´t have sandy beaches and golf courses in the rest of Europe anymore, I didn´t check up to now. Maybe this helps you to figure out a reason for this behaviour...

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 pm

I'll close this one, let's proceed with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1866
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com