Why is the United Kingdom not available for my Address Details ?

Support for all FSDG products
Dr_Eddie
FS-Version: MSFS

Why is the United Kingdom not available for my Address Details ?

Post by Dr_Eddie » Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:49 pm

Hi All,
I'm simply trying to set up a customer account in order to buy product's, but bizarrely, when I try to choose the country I live in, the list ends at Sweden. Come on guys, if you can't even get this right, it doesn't bode too well for how thorough your products are tested. Thus is 2024 not 1945.

Sorry to be stroppy about this but the United Kingdom is one of the top G7 countries is it not ? :bomb:

horst18519

Re: Why is the United Kingdom not available for my Address Details ?

Post by horst18519 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:53 pm

It is not part of the EU, though.
If we sold outside the EU, we would have to sort the VAT for each country, which just doesn't pay off for a small shop like ours. That's why only EU customers can purchase addons in our own FSDG shop. You can download free stuff independently from where you live, though.
If you want to purchase our addons from the UK (or any other country outside the EU), you can do so in the usual shops like SimMarket, Aerosoft or the MSFS Marketplace.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Dr_Eddie

Post by Dr_Eddie » Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:28 pm

I had a feeling that this was the case. I guess I need to delete my account then. I was thinking that buying direct from you gave you more profit than buying from Simmarket who probably take a big cut of your profits. Thanks for the explanation and swift response.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:07 am

Yopu're right about that, and we do appreciate this. Unfortunately, having to do all that tax work would heavily cut into our profits (and take away time we use for development), so we decided to limit purchases to EU residents only.
We value our friendship with SimMarket and Aerosoft, though, so we're very happy if you purchase any of our addons there. :)
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com