Mauritius - FS2020 --> fly now = sim freeze

Support for all FSDG products
MannyFS2020
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Mauritius - FS2020 --> fly now = sim freeze

Post by MannyFS2020 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 pm

It is after the weekend can we have an update on this please?

phantomflyer

Post by phantomflyer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:32 am

horst18519 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:00 am
We expect to have a working version in the Marketplace within 24 hours.
Still waiting. It's now Sept 14th!
:cool: If it works, don't try to fix it :cool:

Er!k
FS-Version: FS11

Post by Er!k » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:40 pm

Unfortunately the approval process from Microsoft is not that fast. Seen it with other devs as well (i.e. 5 weeks waiting for a patch from FlyTampa)... I am sure Thorsten and his team will do everything to to make it available as fast as possible ;-)
i9-12900k, 32GB RAM, Geforce 3080 10GB, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Windows 11 22H2 x64 Home NL

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:11 pm

We've got more feedback from the ingestion team. Looks like we now solved all issues and all files work after encryption. We're optimistic the scenery will be updated in the Marketplace pretty soon.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MannyFS2020

Post by MannyFS2020 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Thanks for the update.

phantomflyer

Post by phantomflyer » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 am

Er!k wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:40 pm
Unfortunately the approval process from Microsoft is not that fast. Seen it with other devs as well (i.e. 5 weeks waiting for a patch from FlyTampa)... I am sure Thorsten and his team will do everything to to make it available as fast as possible ;-)
Then he shouldn't say that a working version would be available in 24 hours. It's now 168 (7 days times 24) hours and still nothing!

phantomflyer

Post by phantomflyer » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Dear Thorsten
Fistly I'd like to apologise for my harsh attitude. Please understand that I had been trying to deal with Microsoft store from day one. That was around a month and a half ago. They offered me a refund but I told them that I was in communication with you at FSDG and that you were working together to get this thing working. At week 6, I grew frustrated and asked MS to refund me. They declined. They still have a non working item for sale in Marketplace. That isn't very good business. I run my own business and if I dealt with my clients that way, I would go broke very quickly. I was angry with MS because they obviously didn't bother to look at this forum to see that FIMP didn't work from the 1st day I bought it.
Anyway, I'm still hanging on with as much patience as I can bear.
It would be great if you could please check in here more often - not only when somone posts a request - and advise us what's going on. I want to have faith in FSDG and MS but that faith is beginning to fade away as we are now nearly 2 months with a product that doesn't work. I've read the posts here from beginning to end and people are not very happy. Even at the MSFS forum, there are many folks venting their frustration.
I'm not going to allow myself to get angry here anymore. If this is an encryption problem, as you said, then this will be sorted - but when? I SO MUCH want to fly between Australia (I have all the ORBX Australian airports and cities) and Mauritius. It's an ideal distance for the FBW a320neo to any Australian Intl airport. I'm becoming bored with flying the same routes over and over. Besides, Mauritius is a beautiful island (I've been there several times when I served in the USNavy) and from what I see by the FSDG screenshots, it's a cut above many other developer products. Not many replicate an entire island like FSDG did here.
In closing, I'm sorry for my angst. All I ask is that you please check in here of your own accord rather than to reply to someone who is frustrated. Even if you say just a few words, that would help calm some nerves. I promise to be polite from hereon on..
Cheers from down under.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:28 pm

Thanks for your post, I appreciate that. ;-)
Here at FSDG, we're very upset with the whole situation. As we don't like to play the blame game, we kept that frustration to ourselves as much as possible. There are 8 different sceneries in the MSFS store pipeline for weeks now, though - and we have no idea what's going on. You could argue that other developers are more successful with their negotiations, but unfortunately, we're not. That may depend on things like us being in Europe and the MSFS store team in the U.S., making communications more difficult due to the different time zones. Like several other developers, we're feeling pretty left alone right now, though.
In the 14 years since the beginning of FSDG, we have never had an addon that had severe technical problems, let alone for such a long time as we now have with our Mauritius scenery. The scenery is pretty cool if you ask me :cool: but we already see lots of negative reviews on the MSFS store; something we can totally understand. Nobody wants to pay for something that doesn't work.

That all being said, the scenery worked (almost) flawless in MSFS right from the beginning. The crashes only appeared after the Sim Update 5, and only for users who purchased in the MSFS store. The other versions work completely fine. As soon as we realized there's an issue with the MSFS store version of the scenery, we got in contact with the store team to learn what's happening. Two days later, we had a (temporary) working version, but that version was never released for reasons beyond our understanding. The MSFS store team eventually acknowledged that the crashs were related to the encryption of the files, which is done by the MSFS store team prior to uploading the package to the Marketplace. We suggested to release a temporary version without encryption, but that did not happen. So we looked at the scenery again and tried to understand why a file works perfectly well as it is, but stops working after encryption. We looked at every single file and eventually found the one that was very probably causing the issues. We replaced that file and uploaded a new, complete version of Mauritius to the ingestion pipeline. It has been there for quite some time now.
Right now, I cannot tell if a working version will be available in the Marketplace within the next 2 hours or in 2 months time. This is a very frustrating (and new) situation for us.

You can be sure we are following our Facebook page and support forums daily and always try to respond as quickly as possible. We appreciate all kind of feedback. If I think a comment crosses the line between helpful feedback and counterproductive accusations, I take the liberty to remove that comment. We do value critisism just as much as we value commendation, though. ;-)
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

phantomflyer

Post by phantomflyer » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Thank you so much for that information. This is not your fault and I humbly apologise. I'm wondering if I could get a stand-alone version that doesn't go through the MS store, however that won't help all the other clients who purchased through Marketplace.
What I'm going to do is send Microsoft Xbox support an email and, hopefullly, they will stop sitting on their hands here. I think that the more people who do this, the more MS will be motivated to fix this problem.
I will keep you informed as to what happens from here.
I feel your frustration and I am very sorry that I took out my own frustration on you. I was angered at MS instant denial of a refund because it was obvious that they didn't look into the timeline since I 1st reported this issue. I even sent them a copy of the communication I first had with the accounts department where they said that all I needed to do was send that and the reference number - even if it was weeks after the initial contact. I replied to them immediately upon getting the denial for refund to say that they went against their own promise.
Having said that, I'm going to try to get somone higher up - a supervisor - involved. Perhaps that may be what it takes for this scenery to be fixed. I prefer having a working version of FIMP rather than a refund. I will tell them that.
Fingers crossed that they will take action quickly.
Best regards, and again, thank you for that honest elaboration.
Bill

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Thanks. At this point, I'm willing to offer a community version (from our own shop) if users contact us via email and include a proof of purchase from the MSFS store. I would suggest to ask MS for a refund and purchase the addon in our shop instead, but we only sell inside the EU.
I can 100% promise that there will be a working version in the future - I just can't tell when that future will be present. :blush:
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MannyFS2020

Post by MannyFS2020 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Marketplace still shows no update available on my fimp install.

Is there any update when this airport will get updated so we can use this airport again ?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:11 pm

We will inform you here (and on our Facebook page) as soon as the new version is available.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MannyFS2020

Post by MannyFS2020 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:24 pm

Thanks for the update.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 am

The Marketplace team promised us there will be a working version with the 09/23 releases tomorrow. It will probably be a temporary fix, but it should work without issues and will look the way it's supposed to.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

SparkySven

Post by SparkySven » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Still no solution. This is bad.

Er!k
FS-Version: FS11

Post by Er!k » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:34 am

The Marketplace has been updated! Including a new version of Mauritius :)
i9-12900k, 32GB RAM, Geforce 3080 10GB, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Windows 11 22H2 x64 Home NL

KRUBARAX

Post by KRUBARAX » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:28 am

So will what about us who didn't buy it from the marketplace?
I bought the scenery from here, https://fsdg-online.com/

Your store page still says V1.1
I have no way of knowing if it works or not right now, because Asobo broke my entire sim, since SU-5.
I just got it working yesterday, and I'm currently downloading and re-installing everything

SparkySven

Post by SparkySven » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:55 am

FIMP Update is listed on SEPTEMBER 23RD, 2021 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE https://www.flightsimulator.com/septemb ... nt-update/

I'll test it and give feedback

SparkySven

Post by SparkySven » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:40 am

FIMP has been updated but does not show any version history but it's finally fixed :D
Ticket can be closed

phantomflyer

Post by phantomflyer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:14 pm

It works!