Seychelles - still lots of issues after 1.3 update

Flightsim discussions, feedback, small talk - but no support!
sibbe83
FS-Version: MSFS

Seychelles - still lots of issues after 1.3 update

Post by sibbe83 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to check if there is a new update coming to fix remaining issues with the scenery? There are still plenty of issues after the 1.3 update that needs to be addressed. This is for the MSFS version.

horst18519

Re: Seychelles - still lots of issues after 1.3 update

Post by horst18519 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 pm

If you have any issues, please let us know.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:32 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 pm
If you have any issues, please let us know.
There are concrete white bricks on several airstrips. Many islands are partly flooded, with vehicles, trees, beaches etc. covered in water. Multiple vegetation problems across most islands, where areas that should have vegetation are completely missing. On Praslin in particular, you'll see houses with no trees in between them (around the airport). The photoscenery underneath clearly shows there should be trees here. This problem also applies to Mahe and Fregate along with others. See my previous posts for more details. I posted quite a few screenshots pointing out issues. Most of these are not fixed. Building types are also quite off in tons of places (not airports).

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:09 am

Any comments on this from the developer? Are you looking into this?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm

We'll consider those points when working on future updates. The scenery is pretty big though. We had to find a good compromise to avoid having to make the scenery unnecessarily expensive.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:32 pm

I understand what you're trying to say, however, this scenery is priced at 30 USD and it's not an excuse for lazy work. As far as I can see it's a dirty conversion of the old Seychelles scenery released back in 2013 for FSX/Prepar3D. In other words I've bought the scenery twice, paying 60 USD for the same scenery. There's nothing new here as far as I can tell, just compatibility with MSFS. Most issues could have been fixed in a few weeks maximum. I've been playing around with devtools at Cousine island. In 30 mins I managed to fix all the issues. This small island had tons of issues like rough coastlines, the beach towards Praslin was partly flooded, two boats were grounded due to missing water along multiple other issues including elevation issues and beachlines stretching up ridges, lack of flattening along the beach etc. Basically I was just drawing polygons to do terraforming, move water lines, "unflood" the beach and fix all the other issues. I even added some more correct buildings to the island. The result was quite amazing given the little effort I put into this. Other major issues are not possible for me to fix without the source files.

Anyways, this really shouldn't be my work as a paying customer. Yes, the addon is big with many islands, but the islands are pretty small. For a professional developer, a couple of weeks' work should have ironed out all bugs and made significant improvements to the scenery as well.

To add to the list, there's also a strange white haze layer present around several islands that can be seen on many of my posted screenshots in the other threads. It's just above sea level. Never seen anything like this in other sceneries. Flickers around some reefs are also present. Also, there's a greenish tint in the ocean for pretty much the entire area. Coastlines are sometimes extremely rough and ugly for many of the smaller islands. Even the major ones as well. Elevation issues, water and beaches creeping up ridges, jaggy and rough water lines, many islands are partly flooded with objects in the water, trees and autogen issues across all islands, white concrete bricks at every airstrip is also present, which I can't fix without the source files, but should be an easy fix with exclusion rectangles. Many reefs are also missing or have been severely restricted. In real life stretch pretty far out of Praslin near the airport. Ugly lines in the photo underneath can also be seen in several places. Generally very poor photo material for most islands that definitely needs some upgrade. Some are worse than others.

To be honest, I actually expected at least some overhauls and upgrades to the scenery for MSFS. Not just a dirty conversion of the old P3D scenery released back in 2013...

PS! Bing maps now have pretty decent aerials covering the entire Seychelles (except a few problem areas), but they're not in the sim yet.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:15 am

We're looking into it.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:39 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:15 am
We're looking into it.
Sounds very good. Don't rush, take your time to do it properly. The whole scenery needs some more love. Bug fixes, more level of details, 3D buildings etc. Also, feel free to ask if you want me to expand on certain issues/problems :)

I guess Asobo will update the aerials for the entire Seychelles at some point with much higher resolution. It's already in Bing Maps, but not in the sim yet.

Mosquito

Post by Mosquito » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:57 am

Nothing new? No further updates planned since 1.5?