LTFM-Help For İnformation And Some Pictures

Flightsim discussions, feedback, small talk - but no support!
LTFM
FS-Version: P3Dv3

LTFM-Help For İnformation And Some Pictures

Post by LTFM » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:21 am

Hello FSDG Team, I tried to contact you by e-mail and I succeeded. However, after a while, the answer stopped coming. So I decided to share all the information and photos under this information. I hope you show your interest in the 2nd largest airport in the world. We'il wait patiently. Information here; Istanbul Airport (IATA: IST ICAO: LTFM) [3], Istanbul, Turkey is the main international airport serving. It is located in Arnavutköy district on the European side of the city.

All scheduled commercial passenger flights were transferred from Istanbul Ataturk Airport to Istanbul Airport on 6 April 2019 following the closure of Istanbul Ataturk Airport. The IATA airport code IST has been transferred to the new airport. entertain 200 million passengers annually ...

History
Terminal building exterior
Terminal building exterior
Check-in area interior
Check-in area interior
Background
Due to a lack of space to construct an additional runway at Istanbul Atatürk Airport, airport growth being restricted due to the growth of the city, the Turkish Airport Authority not allowing additional cargo or charter flights to the airport, and worsening air traffic congestion, it was decided to construct a new airport to serve Istanbul. Furthermore, due to a lack of slot capacity and parking spaces, some of Turkish Airlines' aircraft were based in Sabiha Gökçen Airport[citation needed] which itself is already at maximum terminal capacity of 25 million passengers, and handled 28 million passengers in 2015 after posting traffic growth rates averaging over 20% a year since 2013.[citation needed]

Atatürk Airport was one of the busiest airports in Europe. Since 2013, it has ranked among the five busiest airports in Europe by passenger traffic. In 2017, the two Istanbul airports handled over 100 million passengers.[7] In terms of area airports, the six London-area airports serve more than 150 million passengers a year, while the three Paris-area airports serve around 100 million passengers a year.

It was decided to construct the new airport at the intersection of roads to Arnavutköy, Göktürk, and Çatalca, north of central Istanbul and between the Black Sea coast towns of Yeniköy [tr], Tayakadın and Akpınar. The area is a 7,659-hectare region near Lake Terkos. Some 6,172 hectares of this area was state-owned forest. The distance between Istanbul Airport and Atatürk Airport is approximately 35 km (22 mi). The area encompassed old open-pit coal mines, which were later filled up with soil.[8]

According to the Environmental Impact Assessment (ÇED) report published in April 2013, there were a total of 2,513,341 trees in the area and 657,950 of them would need to be cut indispensably, while 1,855,391 trees would be moved to new places. However, the Ministry of Forest and Water Management claimed the exact number of trees cut and moved would only be revealed after construction was complete.[8]

Construction
Location of Istanbul Airport relative to the city center of Istanbul, as well as the city's other two airports.
Location of Istanbul Airport relative to the city center of Istanbul, as well as the city's other two airports.
The tender for construction and operation of the facility until 2030 was held on May 3, 2013.[9] The project is made up of four construction stages. If all stages are completed, the airport will reach a capacity of 150 million passengers, which would have made it the biggest in the world at the time of planning. The first stage of construction was planned to finish within 42 months of the handover of the land. The total project cost is expected to be approximately €7 billion, excluding financing costs. The construction and operation consortium has been guaranteed 342 million passengers in 12 years by the government.[citation needed]

The design team was led by London-based Grimshaw[10] and also included the Norway-based Nordic Office of Architecture and London studio Haptic.[citation needed]

At the bidding session on May 3, 2013, only four out of fifteen Turkish and two foreign companies that were qualified as bidders showed up. The Turkish joint venture consortium of Cengiz-Kolin-Limak-Mapa-Kalyon won the tender, and were obliged to pay the government €26.142 billion including value-added tax for a 25-year lease starting from 2018. The completion date of the construction's first stage was officially set for 2018 – 42 months after the finalization of the tender's approval.[8]

The groundbreaking ceremony took place on 7 June 2014,[11] though construction only started in May 2015 after the land was officially handed over.[12]

The inauguration of the airport took place on the planned date of 29 October 2018. It was reported that the first test landing at the airport would take place on February 26, 2018; however, the first landing took place on 20 June 2018.[13] Testing of navigational and electronic systems with DHMİ aircraft had begun on 15 May 2018.[14]

PİCTURES:

TURKISH TECHNİCH HANGAR 2/1

TURKISH CARGO HANGAR 2/2

LOCATION FOR HANGAR

TERMINAL DRONE PHOTOS

TOWER

AIPORT AIRWIEW

34L / 34R

35R / 35L

TERMINAL AIRWIEW

TERMINAL EXAMPLE

okansacli

Re: LTFM-Help For İnformation And Some Pictures

Post by okansacli » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:07 am

Hello,

Here are some photos I took during the construction of LTFM (October 2018). I hope they help during your design. There are total of 50 photos at my gdrive link below

You may download the complete set at the following link

removed

We look forward to your scenery :)

Kindest Regards from Istanbul

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com
Attachments
r_20181026_145213.jpg
20181026_145201.jpg
Last edited by horst18519 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:54 pm

Thanks. I edited your post to remove the link after I accessed it.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

okansacli

Post by okansacli » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:19 pm

perfect thanks !

If you need anything else , please let us know, we can take additional photos for you for a good development. I would also like to see some updates from the LTFM development, if you may post here :)

okan Sacli

https://www.okansacli.com/

okansacli

Post by okansacli » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Hello Thorsten,

Any updates from LTFM ? Can you update us a bit .

Thanks

Okan Sacli

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:06 am

No more news at the moment.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

okansacli

Post by okansacli » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:04 pm

Hello,

First of all I hope that everybody is safe , healthy and way too far from this COVID-19

Any updates on the LTFM development ? I assume most of us are staying @home these days due to the COVID-19, so maybe there is time now for further software development ?

Best Regards from Istanbul,

Okan Sacli

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:23 pm

There is time for development, that's correct ;-) but we have currently no news regarding LTFM.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

carlos

Post by carlos » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:56 pm

What an amazing airport
Fist day buy

okansacli

Post by okansacli » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello Guys,

Any updates and the LTFM development ? Would you like to share with us some latest developement screenshots, so that we can get excited :)

Best Regards from Istanbul

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com

LTFM

Post by LTFM » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:13 am

horst18519 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:23 pm
There is time for development, that's correct ;-) but we have currently no news regarding LTFM.
Hey! Hello everyone after the long break. I, who submitted the project to FSDG and lost a long time, came back again. haha: D
I hope FSDG continues this project. we look forward to you sir!

LTFM

Post by LTFM » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:19 am

okansacli wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:07 am
Hello,

Here are some photos I took during the construction of LTFM (October 2018). I hope they help during your design. There are total of 50 photos at my gdrive link below

removed

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com
Thank you to FSDG for your support. Are you Turkish sir?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 am

With the new FS2020, we had to reschedule a couple of our developments, including LTFM. More news by the end of the year.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

okansacli

Post by okansacli » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm

LTFM wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:19 am
okansacli wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:07 am
Hello,

removed

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com
Thank you to FSDG for your support. Are you Turkish sir?
Yes Sir I am from Turkey living in Istanbul.

You may find my details under www.okansacli.com

okansacli

Post by okansacli » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:10 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 am
With the new FS2020, we had to reschedule a couple of our developments, including LTFM. More news by the end of the year.
Thanks Throsten ! We look forward to an FS2020 version of LTFM. If you need any other information please let us know.

Best Regads from Istanbul

Okan Sacli
www.okansacli.com