2 towers at fmee

Support for all FSDG products
MOISE
FS-Version: FS9

2 towers at fmee

Post by MOISE » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi
I just realized that I have 2 control towers, which file should I disable or why I have this problem please?

Thank you.
Attachments
fmee towers.jpg

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: 2 towers at fmee

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm

It looks like you used another FMEE scenery before installing FSDG-Reunion. Could that be the case? We excluded all objects that are listed "below" in the scenery library, maybe there's another addon listed above?

Please also make sure to disable static jetways in the config tool if you use SODE or generic animated jetways. ;-)
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MOISE

Post by MOISE » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:45 pm

yes, I used another scenery but without installer, I just chose the directory "scenery" in the library. Now it is disabled, there should not be any active files.
I do not understand.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:52 pm

No installer? There were probably some files that were copied into another active scenery folder.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MOISE

Post by MOISE » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 am

ok thanks, can not find these files. The only solution would be to reinstall everything properly. I prefer for now to leave the 2 towers.

Urmel81
FS-Version: FSX

Post by Urmel81 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:28 pm

MOISE wrote:ok thanks, can not find these files. The only solution would be to reinstall everything properly. I prefer for now to leave the 2 towers.

In the original FSDG-Reunion has a fault: The default control Tower is included in the AFD.

The enhanced original-AFD without Control Tower:
AFX_FMEE_without_default_tower

My AFD with some improvements (Parkingspots enhanced -size, assignments, more for Heavy's-, added Crosswind Runway, removed default Control-Tower, some minor changes)
AFX_FMEE_enhanced_v1.5

Instruction:
1. Go to your FSDG Reunion-Folder
2. Rename AFX_FMEE.BGL to: AFX_FMEE.OFF
3. Copy one of my BGL to this folder
4. FINISHED - no default Tower

Have fun,
Urmel81
Attachments
AFX_FMEE_enhanced_v1.5.zip
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
AFX_FMEE_without_default_tower.zip
(6.44 KiB) Downloaded 417 times

MOISE

Post by MOISE » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 am

Thank you very much Urmel8 :)
You can not imagine how you helped me.
I had other important problem with this scene that are now resolved, such as AI planes that did not take off, it remained stuck at the stop just in front of the track.
Thanks again.
Urmel81 wrote:

My AFD with some improvements (Parkingspots enhanced -size, assignments, more for Heavy's-, added Crosswind Runway, removed default Control-Tower, some minor changes)
AFX_FMEE_enhanced_v1.5

Instruction:

Have fun,
Urmel81

Urmel81
FS-Version: FSX

Post by Urmel81 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:45 am

No problem,

when you want more help for AI, visit the Alpha India Group (Freeware AI Enthusiast Group).
http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... ic=26287.0

MOISE wrote:Thank you very much Urmel8 :)
You can not imagine how you helped me.
I had other important problem with this scene that are now resolved, such as AI planes that did not take off, it remained stuck at the stop just in front of the track.
Thanks again.
Urmel81 wrote:

AFX_FMEE_enhanced_v1.5

Instruction:

Have fun,
Urmel81

mikced

Post by mikced » Wed May 09, 2018 9:29 am

Is there a way with ADE to replicate real world runway use at FMEE? I dont know if P3d V4 will allow multiple runways especially not parallel ones. As far as I understand from hours of Youtube video watching the following apply at FMEE and there is almost never an exeption:

East departure/arrival:
Runway 12 departure
Runway 14 Apprival

West departure/arrival:
Runway 32 departure
Runway 30 arrival (and sometimes but not often also used for departures)

No matter how I tweak it and close off runways etc in ADE I just cant get this real world runway flow to work. Also I need to find a way for AI GA traffic coming from the GA terminal to not run in to each other while on the taxiways :) Landing GA traffic seem to always want to find the same taxiway back to the GA terminal as the departing traffic use for finding their way to the runway. I guess default P3D ATC staff is not very smart people :) I can never get taxiway F and G to be used effectively at the same time.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Those findings correspond with my experience. There are only very limited options to control runway and taxiway assignments. Sometimes it's possible to use some tricks to try to force AI aircraft to follow certain paths but in the end there is one major rule in FSX & P3D: Always use the shortest path between parking and active runway. Like ants AI aircraft will do anything to obey that rule.

One thing you can try is use crossing runways like described in that old but still valid tutorial: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... ys.428889/

We still hope P3D will soon come up with a major AI improvement as the code that is in use to this day is mostly from the good old FS2002 days - almost 20 years old!
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Re: 2 towers at fm

Post by mikced » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm

By the way do you know why I see three docking gates at each stand at FMEE, from my findings in real life there should only be two ”fingers” not three. (I use the latest Sode)

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 am

Make sure you disable static jetways in the Config Tool. EDIT: All gates at FMEE should have 2 jetways.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Thu May 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Well there is a "Docking Jetways" checkbox and I have that unchecked already. I dont have a static jetways checkbox though far as I can see. Is there a bgl in the scenery folder that I can deactivate to get the same result perhaps?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Sorry, my bad. At FMEE we tested default jetway animations which didn't really pay off since almost nobody used them. The choice in the tool is between static and default animated jetways. If you use SODE jetways you need to disable the bel manually. It's described in the FMEE SODE link readme.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com