Sorry to say there is no such file like Coatl.cfg

shall we create this file and add line

Skipy
FS-Version: FS9

Re: FSDG Bangalore v1.0 (Issues/Bugs)

Post by Skipy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:19 pm

abhi wrote:Sorry to say there is no such file like Coatl.cfg

My fault. the filename is Couatl.ini under "C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali" where xxxxxx is the user. Mine looks like:

airportCacheExcludeArea=FTX_OLC
airportCacheExcludeArea=Scenery\Global
airportCacheExcludeArea=Scenery\Props
airportCacheExcludeArea=MyTraffic\scenery
airportCacheExcludeArea=FSDG\scenery\world\scenery
logFile=""

Skip.
Last edited by Skipy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFR6752
FS-Version: P3Dv3

Post by AFR6752 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Skipy wrote:

My fault. the filename is Couatl.ini under "C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali" where xxxxxx is the user. Mine looks like:

airportCacheExcludeArea=FSDG\scenery\world\scenerylogFile=""

Skip.
Any airport scenery file must be above Orbx OpenLC and region scenery. The Addon Manager program renumbers them. Also any MyTraffic afcad bgl's should be renamed or removed from the scenery folder if you have a duplicate addon airport afcad. GSX will be confused with duplicate afcads regardless of layers.

Skipy

Post by Skipy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:28 pm

AFR6752 wrote:
Skipy wrote:

logFile=""

Skip.
Any airport scenery file must be above Orbx OpenLC and region scenery. The Addon Manager program renumbers them. Also any MyTraffic afcad bgl's should be renamed or removed from the scenery folder if you have a duplicate addon airport afcad. GSX will be confused with duplicate afcads regardless of layers.
Hi,

My concern I always remove from Mytraffic\scenery folder any AFCAD file relative to a new airport addon I install.

Bangalore first problem with GSX is that Couatl takes AFX_VOBL_ALT.bgl from FSDG-Apt ALT Files scenery at layer 4 instead of the good AFCAD file AFX_VOBL.bgl. The only way to avoid this is to exclude the FSDG-Apt ALT Files scenery path from couatl scan. The airportCacheExcludeArea entries in Couatl.ini allows that and the order they are set in the file does not matter.

Skip.

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 pm

Skipy wrote:
Hi,

My concern I always remove from Mytraffic\scenery folder any AFCAD file relative to a new airport addon I install.

Bangalore first problem with GSX is that Couatl takes AFX_VOBL_ALT.bgl from FSDG-Apt ALT Files scenery at layer 4 instead of the good AFCAD file AFX_VOBL.bgl. The only way to avoid this is to exclude the FSDG-Apt ALT Files scenery path from couatl scan. The airportCacheExcludeArea entries in Couatl.ini allows that and the order they are set in the file does not matter.

Skip.
I remove the alt files and the addon.xml and put them in p3d\scenery\world\scenery so they load below Orbx and then below VOBL

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 pm

fsdg: Gate 2, 5, 8 should be the set heavy gates for heavy 777s and other that link to sode and the 2 jetways each gate.

abhi

Post by abhi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:11 pm

AFR6752 wrote:
Skipy wrote:
Hi,

Skip.
I remove the alt files and the addon.xml and put them in p3d\scenery\world\scenery so they load below Orbx and then below VOBL

abhi

Post by abhi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 pm

AFR6752 wrote:
Skipy wrote:
Hi,

Skip.

Please explain step by step now you make me confuse.... If you want to help then please tell us step by step process after installed VOBL then how .... how to get services from GSX :-:

abhi

Post by abhi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm

first u said about Coatl.cfg file which is not available .... maximum people said about it and now airport

CacheExcludeArea=FTX_OLC
logFile=""

after that

addon.xml and put them in p3d\scenery\world\scenery so they load below Orbx

Tell us step by step process , where we can find "addon.xml"
what ??? "put them" them ????

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm

abhi wrote:
AFR6752 wrote:
Skipy wrote:
Hi,

Skip.

Please explain step by step now you make me confuse.... If you want to help then please tell us step by step process after installed VOBL then how .... how to get services from GSX :-:
Your documents folder has a Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder. In that folder is a folder FSDG. I deleted addon.xml inside the FSDG folder, and opened inside FSDG, scenery\world\scenery and moved the VOBL alt .bgl file to your main prepar3d folder\scenery\world\scenery. If you have Mytraffic, rename from .bgl to .off any files with VOBL in the name. Run after the FSDT Live Autoupdate or the full GSX installer. On starting P3D after it should say airport cache loaded successfully and you can request GSX.

abhi

Post by abhi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Thanks a lot, now I got it, but very unfortunate for me GSX not working. :cry:

rdpv

Post by rdpv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks a lot for FSDG for giving us a true rendition of VOBL. It is " As real as it gets"
We want more such releases for Major Indian Airports like Mumbai, VABB. Delhi. VIDP and Chennai VOMM
Please release an update for ILS and RWY problems.
ATC says RWY 27 but in reality AirBus says, aligned with RWY 09

rdpv

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Thai Creation did VABB. Imaginesim's VIDP is old maybe it will be updated by them.

Here is an updated afcad and gsx ini file place both in your main VOBL scenery to overwrite the afcad bgl. Taken from the SODE package.

I made the main first few gates big to serve 747's and 777's like real life, and Gate 5 seems to always be for Emirates so I coded that only UAE.

I changed the heading so it will give you the right runway, but during the day the approach light platform and lights flash on and off and disappear and reappear.

SODE you have to do manually because it is not tied to a GATE 5 for example but Terminal 5 as the custom designator

GSX could be crashing for some people because of the error in the taxiway codes I corrected in ADE.

edit removed afcad file I have problems in the sim loading into it now.
Last edited by AFR6752 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krazyk

Post by krazyk » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:41 pm

AFR6752 wrote:Thai Creation did VABB. Imaginesim's VIDP is old maybe it will be updated by them.
Thai Creation VABB is incredibly old and it never got updated to P3D revisions, let alone the airport itself getting an update to how the real world VABB is now.
ImagineSim VIDP is in the same boat. Made with outdated techniques in the past and does not represent the current airport. Add to that all the faults in the scenery as well as the performance loss and you're better off using the default AFCAD.

FSDG is a reputed dev in the community and we all know why. I'd love for them to stick around and create more airports in India as I can't stress enough how severely this area lacks support in sims.

rdpv

Post by rdpv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Where is the updated AFCAD and GTX.ini file? Can you give me the link to download. Is it in the Product page?
Thanks

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 pm

rdpv wrote:Where is the updated AFCAD and GTX.ini file? Can you give me the link to download. Is it in the Product page?
Thanks
That was my user edit the afcad I edited is on the previous page. But I am seeing freezing before the loading screen when using it, no idea whether this is an ADE bug or problem with the scenery.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:17 pm

We will release an updated version within the next few days.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:46 pm

horst18519 wrote:We will release an updated version within the next few days.
There are other little issues with the afcad, like no clearance delivery and atis frequency not having the right frequency and the runway set to threshold of 1000 on each end.

My quick afcad edit adding bigger parking radius for the main international gates and coded cargo parking if that is okay to share while we wait for an official update
Attachments
VOBL.7z
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

abhi

Post by abhi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Guys, GSX is working , no need to do anything like VOBL.bgl folder copy and all steps ....1. uninstall your GSX then install FSDG VOBL and GSX reinstall. I did it and it works. And pls update whatever you get in forum .

McAleks
FS-Version: FSX

Post by McAleks » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 am

Hi everybody,
I've just installed your wonderful gem Bangalore. Everything seems to be fine: Elevation, lighting, SODE.
But I don't see a single static aircraft, so I'm the only one on the whole Airport (scary!).
It Looks different at the photos of your Website....
At every other airport I own, I don't feel so alone.
Greetings from Munich
Alexander