Mauritius

Support for all FSDG products
mikced
FS-Version: FS9

Mauritius

Post by mikced » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 am

Hi

I am interested to get Mauritius. However from seeing some videos on youtube it seem the photoreal ground nearest to the airport is much more light green (pale) than the surrounding photoreal ground. I dont know if they might have had some wrong settings or so but if not, I suggest a better blend between the photoreal airport and its surrounding

Please see attached two images

Also I cant see any 3D grass, is there any?

Mike
Attachments
maur2.jpg
See difference
maur.jpg
See difference

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Mauritius

Post by horst18519 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:15 am

The scenery does not look like that at all. Since he seems to be running P3Dv3 on a virtual (Windows) machine on a Mac I would assume the rendering is quite different than on Windows PCs. You can trust the scenery looks like it does on our official screenshots.

There is no 3D grass at FIMP, though. They mow it really low in reality: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/D7Diw7huY28/maxresdefault.jpg
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:28 am

Still the two images are from two differen users?! Anyway, if you say its a perfect blend I will take your word for it :)

On the topic of 3D grass by the way. Did you ever get a chanse to add some to Garros. I know I brought it up way back and if I recall it was goinng to be fixed. I have not had Reunion istalled for a while and aim to go back flying there much now when your beuatiful Mauritius is available so any Reunion service packs I have not checked out. The ULM had so much grass I remember and Pierrefonds I had trouble seeing as per a photo I included back then. Perhaps they are very pedantic with grass mowing aslo at Garros ;) Seriosuly though. personally I beleive it adds very much to the 3D immersion with grass even if it is cut short.

Mike

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 am

You never get a perfect blending, most of all not in P3D which renders aerial imagery different than ground polygons. But it's as good as any other decent scenery in that regard.

We're not big fans of 3d grass on big airports. The grass at the two small airstrips on Reunion has some 1.000.000 texture vertices which is ok at a small airfield and still isn't dense enough to look as good as you get it in a current video game. Personally I prefer a clean look over a few sparsely placed lines of grass like so many airport addons have. I don't know any convincingly looking 3d grass on any airport addon. But this is just my personal taste.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:40 am

You might be right regarding 3D grass. Its not the end of the world :) For small Orbx like fields it adds much more value than for large airports. But Pierrefonds is supposed to have 3D grass, correct?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 am

That is correct.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 am

Just one more. The AI Traffic file for Mauritius talks about a white C182 AI aircraft that should be somewhere. I cant seem to find it. With the limited GA flight plans for Reunion and Mauritius every flightplan is valuable and if there is local aircraft repaint by FSDG its even more attractive :)

I know Mauritius have very few GA movements in real life but a few jet flightplans would have been valuable as they have a jet terminal. In addition Roland Garros have a rather busy GA terminal with both 172 and some other small Aircraft in addition to the FK9 Papangue ULM.

Mike

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:30 am

There are no Cessnas in our AI traffic plans.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com