FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process

Support for all FSDG products
aceridgey
FS-Version: FS9

FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process

Post by aceridgey » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi all,

FSDG have miss-understood the new Prepar3d v4 installtion process and instead is downloading the whole scenery into My documents.

We should be able to install where we want (as most of us have P3d on a seperate drive and not on the c drive).
I've done a work around by moving manually everything across to D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\FSDG\ for example, and editing manually the addon.xml file to point to the new paths.

What I can't do is move the scenery config editor as that is too engrained into pointing to My documents.

Are you guys working on new installers as Aerosoft have suggested?

Alex

ornmat
FS-Version: FSX

Re: FSDG V4 Installers - Miss understanding the process

Post by ornmat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am

aceridgey wrote:Hi all,

FSDG have miss-understood the new Prepar3d v4 installtion process and instead is downloading the whole scenery into My documents.

We should be able to install where we want (as most of us have P3d on a seperate drive and not on the c drive).
I've done a work around by moving manually everything across to D:\Prepar3D v4 Addons\FSDG\ for example, and editing manually the addon.xml file to point to the new paths.

What I can't do is move the scenery config editor as that is too engrained into pointing to My documents.

Are you guys working on new installers as Aerosoft have suggested?

Alex
I would appreciate new installers too, because I do not want to fill my SSD C drive with sceneries...

aceridgey

Post by aceridgey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Is anyone going to answer this from support instead of ignoring?

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 am

We are indeed working on a way to include individual paths in our installers but this process will take a bit longer than expected.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

aceridgey

Post by aceridgey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 am

horst18519 wrote:We are indeed working on a way to include individual paths in our installers but this process will take a bit longer than expected.
Good to hear,

Thanks for that

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am

You will be happy to learn that we just released our first nextgen installer that allows custom install locations for P3Dv4: Click!
Bodrum is our test balloon. If everything works as expected, we'll update the other installers within the next 2 weeks.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

aceridgey

Post by aceridgey » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 am

horst18519 wrote:You will be happy to learn that we just released our first nextgen installer that allows custom install locations for P3Dv4: Click!
Bodrum is our test balloon. If everything works as expected, we'll update the other installers within the next 2 weeks.
That is really excellent news, thank you

I also love the idea of these lite airports. I sincerely hope they prove popular!