P3D V5.1 EA Mode on Objects showing through clouds/fog

Support for all FSDG products
MPO910
FS-Version: P3Dv5

P3D V5.1 EA Mode on Objects showing through clouds/fog

Post by MPO910 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Dear FSDG!

All of FSDG Airports (and other Airports), which can be purchased via various Markets as well FSDG own marketplace, where "sold" as compatible with P3D V5. But due the new Lightning within P3D V5.X and the Enhanced Atmospherics Mode turned on, there are issues with almost all of the Airports.

They have textures shining through clouds/fog and do not match/blend well with the new EA mode.

As FSDG publishes scenery compatible with P3D V5.X, I would like to know when we can count with updates.

Here are some Airports which have known issues

DTTJ FSDG
FACT FSDG
FALE FSDG
FIMP FSDG
FMCZ FSDG
FSIA FSDG
GMMN FSDG
GOBD FSDG
GVBA FSDG
HESH FSDG
HKJK FSDG
LGRP FSDG
VOBL FSDG

LM stated that the issue occurs due the fact they changed the SDK and therefore updates are required to "be compatible again".

Here is the quote from Rob McCarthy from LM at one of the topics regarding this issue. He is also speaking of its "own" P3D simobjects as well of once from the other 3.Parties

"Hi Peter,

Yes, we will continue to fix content issues that exhibit this issue. Some default content has been fixed in 5.1 and we are planning to include more in the upcoming hotfix. We are also working directly with third parties to help narrow down how to fix specific content issues in their products.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy"

And here is the Link to the topic at LM. It is the second post there:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=140148

Here is a quote from a well known Beta Tester in the scene: Rob Ainscough which he wrote to ORBX, who have the same issues.

"Nick ... per Larry's testing, you need to set Z-Write alpha to False.

If those objects are not PBR, it would be helpful to users if they were converted to PBR.

LM's suggestions to help mitigate the issue:

Flagging the placements to not batch if you are re-using the same transparent object across large areas. If the objects are close together with no other transparencies between them, this should be okay in most situations.
Avoid using z write alpha flag, it hasn't been supported for some time.
Use alpha to coverage / alpha testing instead of transparent blends where appropriate.
If you are transparent blending a quad over the terrain, make sure it is flagged as a decal with the correct order.
I realize that might be a lot of work for what could be $0 income.

Cheers, Rob."

A link to this post you will find here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/201 ... nt=1720742

To reproduce the issue you may:

- Fire up P3D V5.X

- Location FALE, FACT, FIMP etc.

- EA Mode on

- Take a plane

- Go to the outside view or fly up to above a cloud/fog layer (setup via custom weather

- and see how some simobjects textures blend through the clouds.

A feedback would be welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Regards Marcus (EDDF)

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: P3D V5.1 EA Mode on Objects showing through clouds/fog

Post by horst18519 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Can you please post a screenshot of this issue?
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MPO910

Post by MPO910 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:38 am

Hello Thorsten,

of course...here you are...Thanks for supporting me!

This is FALE. Every airport of FSDG has it. Some more and some less. FALE is less. I put the links in to some further information how this can be handled to avoid this from the dev side. Would be really nice if this could be made compatible again as I have lots (almost all) of your airports!

Others have same problems and must be updated also. I put some images too just you can see how this looks when it is more obviously (Pic 3 and 4)

Regards Marcus

Image FALE FSDG

Image FALE FSDG

Image LOWI ORBX

Image ORBX TE NE

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am

Thatnk you for the screenshots. We will put this on our updates lists, but I can't promise anything right now, since our main focus at the moment is FS2020.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

MPO910

Post by MPO910 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:09 am

Thanks Thorsten. Please think also a little bit of your P3D customers ;-)

For now I think LM has also found a solution on this issues. Maybe with V5.1 HF1 it could be solved. But I will come back to you if 3. Party have to update.

Thanks again.
Marcus