It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:59 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heraklion V2 Crash to Desktop
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:31 pm 

Hello. Just purchased LGIR V2 from Simmarket. Even though install went flawlessly, any attempt to start a flight during the day results in a crash to desktop (Even Viewer cites FS9.exe but no related module or unknown). The sim will load if time of day is night.

I have disabled all addons except LGIR .. CTD .... conclusion - LGIR is the likely culprit
I also removed all AI traffic ... CTD ..... conclusion - bad AI is not the cause.
I have temporarily disabled the Landclass scenery entry ... CTD .... conclusion - I suspect the LGIR scenery or a texture contained in the scenery is corrupt.

Attempted an uninstall, reboot, and re-install with no change ... sim will continue to crash to desktop when attempting to load LGIR during the day.
Seeing as I could not find any posts or info related to my issue (aside from a forum post re Paro scenery but for FSX or P3D I think), I realize this may
be a unique issue with my system.

I tried removing the Texture folder from the Heraklion_1 folder but the crash still occurs. I am now searching for some kind of hidden AFCAD that is causing but,
Im hoping for some suggestions while I troubleshoot this problem.

All ideas and suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

MS Flight Simulator 9.1

Post subject: Re: Heraklion V2 Crash to Desktop
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:42 am 

I think I've isolated the crash to the LGIR_VTPP polygon in the Landclass folder. Decompiling it in SBuilder suggests it is using a selected class marked by the software as "(DO NOT USE)".

MS Flight Simulator 9.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:11 am 

Thanks for reporting this. I don't think any of the LC definitions or vectors could cause a CTD. We never had this kind of problem with any of our sceneries. Do you use some other addon for LC like UTX, ftx,...?

FSDG-online.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:37 pm 

horst18519 wrote:
Thanks for reporting this. I don't think any of the LC definitions or vectors could cause a CTD. We never had this kind of problem with any of our sceneries. Do you use some other addon for LC like UTX, ftx,...?

I agree I must have some residual file somewhere that is conflicting with it. I've used VTPP files everywhere without incident. Aside from my UT Europe I don't think there is anything else. However, over the years I'm sure something must have been left behind in that region. I don't know enough about the compatibilities of different scenery elements to identify it but, at least for the moment the product is working and looking great despite the disabled LGIR_VTPP.bgl file.

MS Flight Simulator 9.1

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]