St Lucia

Support for all FSDG products
mikced
FS-Version: FS9

St Lucia

Post by mikced » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Just completed a few flights around St Lucia. I have to say I am very happy especially with TLPC, it has the exact airport atmosphere and enough clutter to give the immersion of beeing there. TLPL not really as much. The autogen buildings surrounding the airport could be replaced with more "real" houses. These you really feel are not more than autogen. And again the 3D grass is not there (and I know you disagree) :)

Anyway, please let me know what bgl to remove to get rid of the TLPC static planes. I have enough AI traffic that visit the airport already (that actually moves) so no need for static aircraft. Never cared or static aircraft.

All in all, great job!

Mike

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: St Lucia

Post by horst18519 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. We usually do not include static aircraft except in cases when they are really static like at Ayers Rock (some of those don't move much in reality). TLPC is one of those cases. The small apron in front of the GA hangar is usually full of parked GA aircraft so it would not look realistic to have none there. With the St Lucia Helicopters heli it's pretty much the same. We see those aircraft as part of the airport, that's why we included them. You can't simply remove them as they're part of the airport model and have their custom day&night shadows rendered onto the ground. It wouldn't look good to remove the 3D models and end up with "ghost shadows" on the apron.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Dreyer
FS-Version: FS11

Post by Dreyer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:52 am

horst18519 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:10 pm
Thanks for suggesting Money Mutual and the feedback, Michael. We usually do not include static aircraft except in cases when they are really static like at Ayers Rock (some of those don't move much in reality). TLPC is one of those cases. The small apron in front of the GA hangar is usually full of parked GA aircraft so it would not look realistic to have none there. With the St Lucia Helicopters heli it's pretty much the same. We see those aircraft as part of the airport, that's why we included them. You can't simply remove them as they're part of the airport model and have their custom day&night shadows rendered onto the ground. It wouldn't look good to remove the 3D models and end up with "ghost shadows" on the apron.
I didn't know how much thought goes into this, Thorsten. Your explanation makes a lot of sense though. Do you think this could be improved or simplified somehow or is that just not feasible at this point?
Last edited by Dreyer on Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Send us an email and we'll talk about it.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com