Support for all FSDG products
Tozzifan
FS-Version: P3Dv3

Mauritius on P3dv45 ( UTLive ) [SOLVED]

Post by Tozzifan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:30 am

Hello,
I've bought a few days ago the scenery from Aerosoft, and flawlessly installed

my questions:

1 using UTlive @100% (airline and GA), I am seeing airline life only, not a single one GA aircraft:
- is it working with MyTraffic only? can I turn it on, in case? do I have to activate it in Configurator 1.0, regardless of AI traffic checkbox been related to MyTraffic only?

2 in the map inside the manual, are the circles representing helipads, or mission landmarks only?

thanks (for you good work also)
Last edited by Tozzifan on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Mauritius on P3dv45 ( UTLive )

Post by horst18519 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:54 am

You should be able to find all AI aircraft mentioned in the manual (that includes GA planes) as well as AI aircraft from UT. I'm not aware of any incompatibility between them.
All spots marked in the map feature helipads. You can use them in free flight as well as in the mission.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm sorry, it looks like I cannot see any helipads, either by overflying low level along the coasts, or teleporting selecting to FIM-x locations in p3D: shouldn't helipads be squared areas, just like, i.e., the ones in Return To Misty Moorins addons, with a big H in the center ? (FIM6, in the picture ...?!)

I did not dare to activate AI traffic in Configurator, which warns to not check the AI checkbox, unless I own MyTraffic, should I try with no risk? can I do something manually?

in p3d AI traffic, I can only see airliners, as active aircrafts ... where can I check the additional airplanes installation location ?
Attachments
2019-8-3_18-37-43-319.jpg

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:56 pm

nevermind about the helipads, I started to find them when I realized that p3d teleported me not on the helipad spot, yet a hunderd yards from them

still asking help about the AI, please

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Some of the helipads will be quite hard to find outside the mission as they sometimes feature not much more than a grass area and maybe a small 'H'.

AI aircraft (airplanes + helicopers) are installed in the install location and are referenced by the add-on.xml in your user documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG-Mauritius folder.

The MyTraffic option in the config tool adds more schedules for MyTraffic users. That does not affect AI aircraft and schedules for AI mentioned in the manual (Air Mauritius aircraft, helis, GA traffic).
If you can't find any of these (try the SkyDive Austral airstrip, there's always AI helis and GA there) you probably have some AI file with old FS9 code. Doesn't necessarily have to be from UTlive, it can be from another addon.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm

I reached SkyDive, there was not any aircraft

then I tried to deactivate UTL in addons, with no result

...until I tried to raise GA traffic in p3d menu to 100%, then SkyDive became populated and animated (I forgot those type of setting, because used to UTL takeover over P3d settings)

maybe you might add this to an update of the manual ... or did I miss this ? (sorry in case)

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 am

Those settings had to be very low to not see our traffic, which appears at 10% (commercial) / 20% (GA). Glad you found the reason for not seing our AI models. Since I'm not familiar with the new UTlive, I guess it automatically turns down AI sliders and activates its own models externally? We should keep that in mind.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:37 pm

horst18519 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 am
Those settings had to be very low to not see our traffic, which appears at 10% (commercial) / 20% (GA). Glad you found the reason for not seing our AI models. Since I'm not familiar with the new UTlive, I guess it automatically turns down AI sliders and activates its own models externally? We should keep that in mind.
as a matter of fact, my P3D GA settings were at 18% (as well as airline AI), left untouched since the purchase of UTL, which DOES NOT turn down the sliders, it simply does its management bypassing p3d settings; in your case, at UTL forum they told me that UTL has no GA AI traffic over the region

I had been misleaded in the case of your product, as it has been the only exception for which I had to return to that slider: with any other product, payware or not (i.e., Orbx airports, Return To Misty Moorings addon, Aerosoft PANC+PALH, Canaries sceneries ....), I worked from UTL interface

not being expert at all, it looks like Mauritius GA AI lives outside UTL control

Tozzifan

Post by Tozzifan » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:47 pm

I have also tried to bring UTL GA aviation slider to 0%, your traffic is still perfectly alive

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:13 pm

I think there's a misunderstanding here. Very few scenery addons include custom AI traffic. Several of ours do, including Reunion and Mauritius. The reason for that is that most AI traffic addons do not contain realistic (GA) traffic for those regions, and even if they did, that traffic would be very unrealistic as it would only fly between the major airports of those islands.
The included AI traffic for Reunion and Mauritius greatly increases not only the number of AI objects but also the network of routes.
I have also tried to bring UTL GA aviation slider to 0%, your traffic is still perfectly alive
That is correct. Only UTL traffic is controlled by UTL. All other AI traffic is controlled by P3D and can be set using the sliders in the P3D settings.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com