FSDG Bangalore v1.0 (Issues/Bugs)

Support for all FSDG products
horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: FSDG Bangalore v1.0 (Issues/Bugs)

Post by horst18519 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am

What aircraft do you use?
Some parking positions are quite close to the terminal to make sure the jetways can reach all doors and to help avoid conflicts when 2 nearby parkings are used. We might want to move them away from the terminal a bit, though.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

TRentXWB
FS-Version: FS9

Post by TRentXWB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 am

horst18519 wrote:What aircraft do you use?
Some parking positions are quite close to the terminal to make sure the jetways can reach all doors and to help avoid conflicts when 2 nearby parkings are used. We might want to move them away from the terminal a bit, though.
I am using NGX from PMDG. I tried many gates e.g. gates 5 and 8

crazypilot

Post by crazypilot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm

FSDG-LITE-Bangalore ...a good scenery and the Indian Simmers really needed one...i liked the textures and modeling job....

However i am a little bit disappointed with this scenery....when a new scenery comes people are desperate to fly into that airport and enjoy their purchase...but this scenery hasnt been so friendly to me after all...

after spending some dollars and willing to fly into Indian Airspace and me being an avid European Flyer i would like to report the bugs i am encountering so far..

The Primary Bug is the Aircraft Spawn position..they dont spawn at the perfect parking kine and i think they are a bit way too off towards the dotted line... (i could be wrong)

Next is the missing HEAVY Gates.....well Bangalore Airport accepts heavies like 777-200LR/ER/300ER 747 and many more and i was surprised to see not even a single heavy gate that was added....i think there are more than 4 HEAVY gates in reality...no heavy gates mean that there is no GSX services for heavy planes..

Next up is the SODE Jetways...i downloaded and tried them but the Jetways dont work...i installed latest version of SODE to confirm and i had also renamed the static Jetways bgl to (DOT)off extension...

Lastly is the highly reported ILS bug....neither the Runway 09/27 have them properly aligned to runway..they are way too off...

It was your teams job to perform good testing and more testing to ensure it is properly working..but the ILS thing tell me that you guys rushed to release it without checking it properly....but it was kind of you to tell about the BGL fix to be done by the simmers...but honestly that was you guys' job to release a bug free scenery...

Its my very kind and humble request to roll out updates ASAP... India is a huge country but the simmers count there arent as huge as US or UK or any other part of the world....
the few fellow Indian Simmers who are probably purchasing and supporting this scenery arent treated with the proper respect and dignity that they needed from this scenery release....
FSDG is a reputed organization known to release High Quality and atleast a proper working scenery....
The missing heavy gates and the ILS improper alignment shows that you people missed something with your homework...

Its a Kind request to roll out and update ASAP...
Let my Indian Brothers and Sisters Enjoy this Beautiful Scenery...

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks for the constructive feedback, we appreciate the great interest in our new LITE addon.

Like I said before we thoroughly develop and test our addons. We're scenery development experts, not aviation experts, so please forgive us for misreading the ILS charts with their ILS heading of 92°.

For those of you who don't want to wait for an official update you can use the attached AFD file that adds heavy gates, fixes some gate positions, the AI alignment on the main apron taxiway and the ILS heading.
Attachments
fix_AFX_VOBL.zip
(7.34 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

TRentXWB

Post by TRentXWB » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 pm

horst18519 wrote: We're scenery development experts, not aviation experts, so please forgive us for misreading the ILS charts with their ILS heading of 92°.
Thanks for the patch.

I do hope you have a good Beta tester team. Please check my pics.

The first picture. I cannot select the front jetway to connect with L1. It can only connect to L2.

The second picture. This is the only option I can use if I want to use double jetway. Front jetway to L2 and second jetway to L1.

Please dont take me wrong here, I am not trolling you, just giving my constructive thought I hope. You are scenery development experts who develop scenery for FS. I think it would be useful if you know more about aviation stuff e.g. ILS and parking/gate placement within AFCAD. I know it's a Lite product but what I saw with the SODE it's a shame. But perhaps I did something wrong.

Thanks for the hard work.
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
Front Jetways

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:46 pm

You need to dock the jetways in the correct order. If the first jetway cannot dock because you're too close please park a bit further away. There are so many different aircraft types and models it's not possible to define parking positions that perfectly match every model.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

crazypilot

Post by crazypilot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm

horst18519 wrote:Thanks for the constructive feedback, we appreciate the great interest in our new LITE addon.

Like I said before we thoroughly develop and test our addons. We're scenery development experts, not aviation experts, so please forgive us for misreading the ILS charts with their ILS heading of 92°.

For those of you who don't want to wait for an official update you can use the attached AFD file that adds heavy gates, fixes some gate positions, the AI alignment on the main apron taxiway and the ILS heading.
thanks for that file...cant wait to test it in my Sim and experience the Indian Beauty...

abhi

Post by abhi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:10 pm

FSDG Bangalore, India NEW Airport - First Look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadFiDMSYxc
P3D | JAI422 | B738 | VOBL ✈ VOBL | NEW Scenery FSDG VOBL ILS RWY27 Landing Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siEy87hKz_U
P3D | JAI568 | B738 | VOBL ✈ VOHS | IVAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7r6fd4OauI

They did excellent job, no doubt about it. But small problems they can solve through Update... little bit think about GSX ....

Thanks a lot for giving us nice Airport in India.

AFR6752
FS-Version: P3Dv3

Post by AFR6752 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm

horst18519 wrote:Thanks for the constructive feedback, we appreciate the great interest in our new LITE addon.

On Flightradar I watched an Emirates 777 push back from gate 5 or 6, but neither are big enough gates and 5 is too far forward with a radius of 10. If heavys use all of the east apron gates can there be an option to make them all big enough and available to use? I have AI traffic off.

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm

To fix the parking radius and location myself I opened ADE but could not compile the afcad here is my error:

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2452: Taxiway Sign ends in a control character: d < 09 | < A l[ K ]d
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2448: Invalid format for Taxiway Sign label: d < 09 | < A l[ K ]d
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2031: Failed element parse <TaxiwaySign>
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

lucikam

Post by lucikam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 am

Skipy wrote:PS2: For GSX I suggest users to do the following:

Under C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder, edit Coatl.cfg and add the line:
airportCacheExcludeArea=FSDG\scenery\world\scenery
This will prevent GSX to use ALT AFCADs instead of the good ones on all FSDG airports.

Using Mytraffic 6 I also added the line:
airportCacheExcludeArea=MyTraffic\scenery

For those who are using SODE option on FMEE, FIMP and certainly VOBL, it seems that GSX don't see there are jetways. I use the "Customize Airport position" function of GSX to "force" jetway for all gates positions.

Hope it helps. Skip.
There is no such file called coatl.cfg at all.

There is couatl.ini and couatladdons.ini but not any .cfg in the folder specified.

Which file is the one to edit and which section within the file one has to add the line?

krazyk

Post by krazyk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 am

Thanks, Thorsten. A brief check shows that everything is in order. I haven't had the chance to check out the ILS for both sides but will do so pretty soon.

A note to the guys struggling with GSX. I usually add my scenery manually into P3D using the XML method and a software called 'Addon Organizer'by LorbiSi. So I added the main scenery folder in and then added the BGL that would go into P3D\scenery\world\scenery folder. Usually, the files that goes into such folders (P3D\scenery\world\scenery) are kept below the main scenery in the sim library. However, I changed this ordering (main scenery below and the BGL sitting in P3D\scenery\world\scenery above it) and GSX now detects the correct file and can be used on any gate. So check your scenery library and make sure your main VOBL scenery folder sits below the file that would go into scenery\world\scenery.

I couldn't find the CFG file mentioned by someone else in this thread so I had to do this instead.

Still haven't checked on the SODE package so I'll download the latest package from FSDG website again and see if it works well.

lucikam

Post by lucikam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 am

krazyk wrote:

Thanks, Thorsten. A brief check shows that everything is in order. I haven't had the chance to check out the ILS for both sides but will do so pretty soon.

A note to the guys struggling with GSX. I usually add my scenery manually into P3D using the XML method and a software called 'Addon Organizer'by LorbiSi. So I added the main scenery folder in and then added the BGL that would go into P3D\scenery\world\scenery folder. Usually, the files that goes into such folders (P3D\scenery\world\scenery) are kept below the main scenery in the sim library. However, I changed this ordering (main scenery below and the BGL sitting in P3D\scenery\world\scenery above it) and GSX now detects the correct file and can be used on any gate. So check your scenery library and make sure your main VOBL scenery folder sits below the file that would go into scenery\world\scenery.

I couldn't find the CFG file mentioned by someone else in this thread so I had to do this instead.

Still haven't checked on the SODE package so I'll download the latest package from FSDG website again and see if it works well.
You are right, the guy who posted the "solution" incorrectly referred to a .cfg file, there is no .cfg file. There are two .ini files but he did not specify which one to edit and where to add the line so it's useless.

I will try your method but that should not be the solution because that is not the correct order, even if it solves this particular situation. We need a proper solution from FSDG - no other scenery left me with no gates so it's this product alone that has the issue somewhere.

krazyk

Post by krazyk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 am

lucikam wrote: You are right, the guy who posted the "solution" incorrectly referred to a .cfg file, there is no .cfg file. There are two .ini files but he did not specify which one to edit and where to add the line so it's useless.

I will try your method but that should not be the solution because that is not the correct order, even if it solves this particular situation. We need a proper solution from FSDG - no other scenery left me with no gates so it's this product alone that has the issue somewhere.
Hi,
I don't think we can lay the blame on FSDG entirely regarding this specific problem. It seems more like GSX isn't sure how to pick the correct BGL and I'm unable to find any documentation that comes with GSX to figure out how to fix this. If I were you, I'd also bring this up on GSX forum just so they're aware that this can possibly cause issues with other products in the future.

For now, the provided BGL from Thorsten and correctly ordering the library entries seems to solve most of the issues. Only one that remains to be tested is SODE. In fact, if I remember correctly, a few of T2G products also require some funny scenery order so everything works as intended.

Still, Thorsten has been very receptive to all of our findings and is actively working on them so let's give him and the rest of the team some time to fix these and hopefully we'll be back in our sims soon after :)

abhi

Post by abhi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:03 pm

How to solve GSX issue & I got email after purchasing the product , now again I want download but showing link are not available, Then how do I download it??

Skipy

Post by Skipy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm

krazyk wrote:

Hi,

Was to quick to answer. couatl.ini is the file to edit.

Skip.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm

abhi wrote:How to solve GSX issue & I got email after purchasing the product , now again I want download but showing link are not available, Then how do I download it??
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2161
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Skipy

Post by Skipy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 pm

lucikam wrote:
Skipy wrote:PS2: For GSX I suggest users to do the following:

Under C:\Users\P3D\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder, edit Coatl.cfg and add the line:
airportCacheExcludeArea=FSDG\scenery\world\scenery
This will prevent GSX to use ALT AFCADs instead of the good ones on all FSDG airports.

Using Mytraffic 6 I also added the line:
airportCacheExcludeArea=MyTraffic\scenery

For those who are using SODE option on FMEE, FIMP and certainly VOBL, it seems that GSX don't see there are jetways. I use the "Customize Airport position" function of GSX to "force" jetway for all gates positions.

Hope it helps. Skip.
There is no such file called coatl.cfg at all.

There is couatl.ini and couatladdons.ini but not any .cfg in the folder specified.

Which file is the one to edit and which section within the file one has to add the line?
couatl.ini. Sorry.

Skipy

Post by Skipy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks. I did make the ILS changes with ADE (and yes, 2 signs and ATIS freq to fix) but didn't touch the gates.

But I think there is still another problem in this AFCAD: The runway primary number is 27 as the heading of the runway in 90°. The result is that when I was on ILS final 09 the ATC cleared me to land rwy 27! So I change in your new file the Rwy heading to 270. I also added 2 ILS approaches in the AFCAD because ATC didn't propose anything for landing.

Skip.

AFR6752

Post by AFR6752 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Skipy wrote:

Thanks. I did make the ILS changes with ADE (and yes, 2 signs and ATIS freq to fix) but didn't touch the gates.

But I think there is still another problem in this AFCAD: The runway primary number is 27 as the heading of the runway in 90°. The result is that when I was on ILS final 09 the ATC cleared me to land rwy 27! So I change in your new file the Rwy heading to 270. I also added 2 ILS approaches in the AFCAD because ATC didn't propose anything for landing.

Skip.
Landing runway 09 the approach lights disappear flashing on and off is another bug I've found. I have p3d v4