Configurator and P3dv4 & Scenery install location

Support for all FSDG products
olympic260
FS-Version: FS9

Configurator and P3dv4 & Scenery install location

Post by olympic260 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 am

I downloaded the Iraklion for P3dv4 from my aerosoft account.

I have installed it normally, and had to manually move the files from my documents to the dedicated HD I am using for P3D and edit the addon.xml. Scenery is loading correct.

Installed and opened the configurator manager and selected all the options I needed. However although the options seems to be save on the scenery when I repoen the configurator it looks like nothing is saved. If I move the FSDG heraklio folder back to my documents/P3dv4... configurator shows all options ticked as selected. Is this something intended? Shouldn't the configurator shows always the settings I have made?

Trying to open the configuratot help receive the following error. The pdf is located under C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG\docs

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at _FSDGScenConfig.Main.Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Also,

Is there a reason why we are forced to install all scenery files to my documents/P3dv4/addons? Other companies like FSDreamteam allows us to install anywhere we want and they just amend the addon.xml with the proper path.I beleive this would the best as most of us we want to keep C as clean as possible.

Chris

EmilG

Re: Configurator and P3dv4 & Scenery install location

Post by EmilG » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Please re-install Heraklion via the installer and reboot system
this error sometimes happens if core folder is busy during install and files are not copied over properly.

Let me know if the error persists.

Regarding installer location, we are working on a solution; in the meantime a manual method exists here: viewtopic.php?p=8657#p8657

olympic260
FS-Version: FS9

Post by olympic260 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:39 am

Still the same after unistalling, rebooting, installing and moving the scenery files outside the default folder, rebooting.

Chris

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm

I now just realised you have moved the scenery files, but not the configurator files. The config always works relative to the scenery. So wherever you have FSDG-Heraklion folder, you should also have the FSDG folder (which contains the config files)

also check: viewtopic.php?p=8690#p8690