Reunion P3Dv4: Potential problem with AI aircraft

Support for all FSDG products
Skipy
FS-Version: FS9

Reunion P3Dv4: Potential problem with AI aircraft

Post by Skipy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:16 am

Hello,

I think there's a problem with Reunion AI Aircrafts that may cause P3Dv4 not to load if you also have Nuuk installed. In P3Dv4, static aircrafts can be declared in the addon itself instead of global simobjects.

I had some problem with Nuuk that cause my P3dV4 stop loading and returning to desktop without any error and I found the issue. In FSDG-Reunion\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSDG_AI_DashQ8, aircraft.cfg shows 2 entries: One for the Dash Q300 Air Greenland (?) and one for the French Air Force. But there's only the texture for French Air Force aircraft!

In FSDG Nuuk simobjects you also have the Dash Q300 Air Greenland with its texture.

At least the first result is to get a warning message when loading P3Dv4 because the same aicraft is declared twice.

But the worst is when Reunion is loaded before Nuuk, P3dV4 keeps this declaration of the Dash Q300 Air Greenland and when it tries to load Nuuk, as the Air Greenland texture folder doesn't exist in the Reunion folders tree, it simply exits.

The solution is to remove this entry from FSDG-Reunion\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSDG_AI_DashQ8\aircraft.cfg
[fltsim.0]
title=de Havilland Dash 8Q-300 - Nuuk X - Air Greenland

And of course rebname the entry of the French Air Force to
[fltsim.0]
title=FSDG - de Havilland Dash 8Q-300 - French Air Force

Can you confirm the problem? Hope it helps.

Skip.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Reunion P3Dv4: Potential problem with AI aircraft

Post by horst18519 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks for pointing this out. I guess I missed that one.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com