Steam Edition of FSDG-Greenland Nuuk for FSX problem

Support for all FSDG products
Aquilam
FS-Version: FS9

Steam Edition of FSDG-Greenland Nuuk for FSX problem

Post by Aquilam » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:47 pm

I just purchased and installed the Steam Edition of FSDG-Greenland Nuuk for FSX, however for some reason the scenery was not automatically added to FSX scenery.cfg; do I have to do this manually?

Also, I downloaded and installed FSDG-Scenery Configurator, however when I run it I get the following error:

---------------------------
It seems that you have not installed any FSDG product that requires the FSDG Scenery Configurator. If you would like to learn more about the FSDG configurator and its supported sceneries, please visit http://www.fsdg-online.com
---------------------------

Where are the FSDG-Greenland Nuuk files installed so that I can add them to the scenery.cfg?

FYI, I've found over 4 GB of new scenery in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379541\FSDG\FSDG-Greenland Nuuk; is that where the scenery files are supposed to be? If so, what do I need to do to get FSDG-Scenery Configurator to work?

Thanks.

Aquilam

Re: Steam Edition of FSDG-Greenland Nuuk for FSX problem

Post by Aquilam » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:42 pm

UPDATE: After manually adding the scenery located at P:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379541\FSDG\FSDG-Greenland Nuuk to my scenery.cfg file I got the Greenland Nuuk scenery working. Fantastic scenery! It's really stunning, and FPS friendly. Great work!

I also found a batch file at P:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379541\_DLCConfigData\_InstallDLC.bat that automatically adds the scenery to scenery.cfg.

Unfortunately, FSDG-Scenery Configurator still reports no scenery installed that "requires" FSDG-Scenery Configurator. Is this true?

Can somebody help?

Thanks.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Nuuk does not have any configurable items, so the error is correct. the configurator compatible scenery list can be found here: http://fsdg-online.com/home/45-fsdg-sce ... rator.html

Aquilam

Post by Aquilam » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 am

EmilG wrote:Nuuk does not have any configurable items, so the error is correct. the configurator compatible scenery list can be found here: http://fsdg-online.com/home/45-fsdg-sce ... rator.html
Thank you for the reply. Note that according to the link you posted "Greenland Nuuk (BGGH)" is on the list of "Currently supported sceneries."

I'm confused. :-/

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:40 pm

and you are right.. :)
temporary memory loss i guess..or old age

ok so: within P:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379541\FSDG\

do you see a folder called 'scripts' ?

Aquilam

Post by Aquilam » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 pm

EmilG wrote:and you are right.. :)

There are 2 new subfolders in DLC: 379540 and 379541. 40 contains the Scripts folder you asked about, and 41 has the Nuuk scenery content.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Aquilam wrote:
EmilG wrote:and you are right.. :)

There are 2 new subfolders in DLC: 379540 and 379541. 40 contains the Scripts folder you asked about, and 41 has the Nuuk scenery content.

Thanks; those folder paths are very different to what our installer normally do.

Have you contacted Steam support yet?

Aquilam

Post by Aquilam » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:35 pm

No, I haven't contacted Steam support; I thought I'd check with you guys first. I'll go ahead and contact Steam with your blessing.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Aquilam wrote:No, I haven't contacted Steam support; I thought I'd check with you guys first. I'll go ahead and contact Steam with your blessing.

we of course can offer full support for everything you might need but in some cases like this (installation issues), Steam is able to offer better help because they have their own installation workflow.

Aquilam

Post by Aquilam » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Problem solved! :)

Per your suggestion I opened a ticket with Steam/Dovetail Games Support and learned that the FSDG-Scenery Configurator must be installed via Steam > Library > Tools (and not via the download available from your website). However, I also needed to run a Steam local file integrity check to get everything working properly. Now FSDG-Scenery Configurator and your FANTASTIC Nuuk scenery work like a charm!

Thank you again for the help!

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Aquilam wrote:Problem solved! :)

Per your suggestion I opened a ticket with Steam/Dovetail Games Support and learned that the FSDG-Scenery Configurator must be installed via Steam > Library > Tools (and not via the download available from your website). However, I also needed to run a Steam local file integrity check to get everything working properly. Now FSDG-Scenery Configurator and your FANTASTIC Nuuk scenery work like a charm!

Thank you again for the help!
Glad its solved and you enjoy it! :)
I ll keep that in mind for future configurator issues