Reunion grass and static aircraft

Support for all FSDG products
mikced
FS-Version: FS9

Reunion grass and static aircraft

Post by mikced » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi

Very impressed with your Reunion package. Two small issues however. I see normal 3D grass at Le Port no problem but 3D grass on Pierrefonds does not come from ground up but start mid air about 0,50 cm to a meter mid air, look very strange. I use P3D v3.4

Also can I somehow remove the static airplanes at all airports. I am very pleased with the AI so I see no need for static aircraft. I assume its some .bgl files that need be deleted.

Mike

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Reunion grass and static aircraft

Post by horst18519 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Hello Mike, thanks for the feedback.

The static aircraft cannot be removed. We decided to do it that way because they cast shadows that would look very weird if the planes were missing. Since we made sure those static aircraft do not interfere with AI or user aircraft parkings we decided to embed them with the airport model and not save them to a separate bel file.

Regarding the grass I would like you to post a screenshot. The grass should not be floating above the ground.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks for your reply. To clarify The grass is not visible at all in cockpit view but visible when in aircraft view ( command s) then as I stated it looks strange. Not at all lie Le Port where I can clearly see full grass textures all the time. I will post a picture

Just two other small things I have noticed. Is there a way to get the helicopters at Pierrefonds to actually depart from their terminal without following the aircraft tawiways to either runway 15 or 33. Perhaps a "fake" very short runway could be set up next to their parking so that they would actually depart there? just a though :)

Also default atc does not use the correct names for Pierrefonds or Le Port just their ICAO names (perhaps also Garros I dont know that yet). I have tried EditVoicepack but that did not update them either. What solution are you using? I know its probably beyond the scope of this project probably :) I guess I could do a modification with EditVoicepack myslf but the learning curve is steep from what I understand.

Mike

mikced

Post by mikced » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm

See attached from same location grass in 3D Aircraft view and no grass at all in cockpit view. I have installed the Tools program from your website and enabled grass, season etc so that should probably not be the problem. I wonder if it could have something to do with elevation. Seem like the airportis resting on a small Plateau and at Garros I see a somewhat strange sharp Cliff from the ocean up to the airport (see attached img 3). Perhaps it is like that in real Life so steep? I have mesh at 5 meters.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 pm

The cliff seems ok, it's more or less like that in reality.

We'll look at the grass, maybe a mistake from our side.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks for looking in to the 3D grass situation. I tell you with over 25 years with this hobby, rarelly have I had this much fun and good is it with frames too. Now if ever Mauritius would see the light of day it would make the day.

mikced

Post by mikced » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Did you ever get a chance to look in to the grass situation? As per my attached image previously?

Mike

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:59 pm

We'll soon be releasing an update that will include a fix for that.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

mikced

Post by mikced » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Happy to hear a patch is coming to an already great product.

Mike

mikced

Post by mikced » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi

How is the Reunion fix coming along, not heard anything in à while, still planning à fix?

Mike

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Unfortunately we're still waiting for some feedback from a local pilot regarding runway lights. We hope we can release the update next week.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com