Reunion Effect and Texture

Support for all FSDG products
Mathieu974
FS-Version: FS9

Reunion Effect and Texture

Post by Mathieu974 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 am

hello,

I've bought yesterday your excellent Reunion Island scenery and thanks a lot for that work.

But I've 2 little problems

- I've a weird light spot effect during the day
0001.jpg
- I've a lot of buildings with a blue roof. Normally it should be white or grey
0002.jpg
Could you help me please ?

Best regards

Mathieu.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Reunion Effect and Texture

Post by horst18519 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:55 am

I've not yet seen those blue roofs. Is it possible you use some additional addon that changes autogen objects (like ftx)? Do you have the file FSDG_reu_agn_2.dds in your FSX/texture folder?

The light effects appear because of a bug in the FSX render engine. We created a new material for more realistic light cones at night, unfortunately that causes those effects at day if you zoom into the airport. We're currently looking for a way to get rid of those. You can disable the light cones in the Scenery Configurator for the time being.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Mathieu974
FS-Version: FS9

Post by Mathieu974 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Yes I've the FSDG_reu_agn_2.dds in my texture folder. As you said maybe it's a compability problem with my FTX addon. I wonder which texture is involved

For the light effect I've disabled it and it's ok now.

Thanks for your quick answer. It's nice. ;-)

kfj333
FS-Version: FSX

Post by kfj333 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:57 pm

horst18519 wrote:I've not yet seen those blue roofs. Is it possible you use some additional addon that changes autogen objects (like ftx)? Do you have the file FSDG_reu_agn_2.dds in your FSX/texture folder?

The light effects appear because of a bug in the FSX render engine. We created a new material for more realistic light cones at night, unfortunately that causes those effects at day if you zoom into the airport. We're currently looking for a way to get rid of those. You can disable the light cones in the Scenery Configurator for the time being.
I must add that this effect is present in both FSX and P3DV3 and as such its a render engine issue across both platforms. I will also disable as recommended. Thank you