[SOLVED] Z-fighting Textures at LGIR Heraklion in P3d v3.3

Support for all FSDG products
dooburt
FS-Version: FS9

[SOLVED] Z-fighting Textures at LGIR Heraklion in P3d v3.3

Post by dooburt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello there,

I bought LGIR this afternoon and installed it into P3D v3.3. However, at one end of the airfield I can see ground textures, taxilines etc. when in spot view and looking down - otherwise, I see the original scenery? There is considerable z-fighting between each layer of scenery.

When I first started the simulator after installing, P3D said it couldn't find the 3 areas referenced in the scenery.cfg and would I like to remove them. I said yes, then manually added them back in pointing at the FSDG/FSDG-Heraklion/ folders. I ordered them 1 through 3 as instructed.

Is there anything obvious I've done wrong and any suggestions on a fix? I can get screenshots if needed.
Last edited by dooburt on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmilG

Re: Z-fighting Textures at LGIR Heraklion in Prepar3d v3.3

Post by EmilG » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 pm

dooburt wrote:Hello there,

I bought LGIR this afternoon and installed it into P3D v3.3. However, at one end of the airfield I can see ground textures, taxilines etc. when in spot view and looking down - otherwise, I see the original scenery? There is considerable z-fighting between each layer of scenery.

When I first started the simulator after installing, P3D said it couldn't find the 3 areas referenced in the scenery.cfg and would I like to remove them. I said yes, then manually added them back in pointing at the FSDG/FSDG-Heraklion/ folders. I ordered them 1 through 3 as instructed.

Is there anything obvious I've done wrong and any suggestions on a fix? I can get screenshots if needed.
Ground problems are common with v3.3, did you install the hotfix update by any chance?
http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2016/06/113614/

dooburt

Post by dooburt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks for the reply!

How can I check if the install I had included the hotfix? According to the .exe I have version 3.3.5.17625. I downloaded P3D about this time last week. I assume based on the dates, that I do indeed have the hotfix. I haven't had any trouble with other scenery and I searched my scenery folder for other LGIR bgl's just in-case.

Is there anything I can try? Currently, the airport isn't at all usable :(

dooburt

Post by dooburt » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:08 am

I tried uninstalling and installing again and on starting P3D, I get the attached error message. I accepted all the defaults for the installation.
Attachments
bad-fsdg-installer.jpg

dooburt

Post by dooburt » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:22 am

Ahh, I've got it working! Hooray!

Just in case anyone else has this problem, I installed in default location, I then said no to removing the scenery when P3D complains on start-up. Then I went to the Scenery Library, removed the 3 items and then re-added them and ordered them 1,2,3. That's it. Originally, I had installed into P3D/FSDG/ folder, I think that might have confused things, the default location is P3D/, the installer creates the FSDG folder.

Hope this helps someone!

I've attached a picture as momento.
Attachments
heraklion-good.jpg

EmilG

Re: [SOLVED] Z-fighting Textures at LGIR Heraklion in P3d v3

Post by EmilG » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Glad it's sorted! and thanks for posting the solution :)