Marsa Alam performance

Support for all FSDG products
scotth6
FS-Version: FS9

Marsa Alam performance

Post by scotth6 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi,

I just bought Marsa Alam the other day and installed it tonight. In the configurator I unchecked the box for street lights as it said there was a moderate performance impact. Unfortunately I am getting almost unusable frames at the airport. At first I was using the SSW Tornado, and that gave me around 5-10 FPS fluctuating, with a lot of stuttering, and I also got OOM warnings almost immediately and an OOM CTD right after taking off. I tried another aircraft, the A2A Cessna 172 which usually gives me good performance, and again the frames were very low with many stutters. I am sorry to bring this up as it is a beautiful scenery and I know the author has spent a long time on it, but even in the selling points it says it has been optimized for great performance, yet I can barely fly around there due to the low frames and bad stuttering. I noticed some smoke effects in the scenery, and I have heard of these causing issues with performance in other sceneries; do you think turning these effects off could help? I would like to find any way to increase the frames and get rid of the stuttering, so I am open to any suggestions.

Cheers,

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: Marsa Alam performance

Post by horst18519 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:01 pm

We are currently looking into this and will release a new version with less vas impact before the weekend.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

scotth6
FS-Version: FS9

Post by scotth6 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:43 am

Thanks for the quick reply Thorsten. Jetman has done a fantastic job on this scenery, so it would be great to see it's performance increased to really see it's full potential.

Cheers,

Scott

kfj333
FS-Version: FSX

Post by kfj333 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:43 am

That will be great....I'm seeing a massive FPS and stuttering. looking forward to the improvements

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:40 pm

New version available now: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2246
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com