ADE Files

Support for all FSDG products
BruceU
FS-Version: FS9

ADE Files

Post by BruceU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:58 am

First thanks very much for the excellent scenery and one greatly needed. I did notice that I did not have any AI aircraft when loading the airport up for the first time, I use WorldofAI aircraft. I tried multiple times with different times of the day and same issue, no AI.

I did some looking in ADE of the AFX_LOWG.bgl and notice first that there were a number of parking spots that where orphaned and not connected to any apron path as well a curious runway start point for runway 17C that started on the taxiway with the Hold Short point in the wrong direction, this may be by design due to the blast pad at beginning of runway 17C . Anyway, what I had to do to get AI traffic was turn of LOG1 and LOG2 bgl files and then the AI traffic loaded correctly. Not sure the reason but I thought I would pass it along...

BruceU

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Re: ADE Files

Post by horst18519 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:29 am

WorldofAI uses old FS9 code. It's a known limitation that FS9 compiled AI traffic and FSX code AI traffic does not work together. There are ways to make WoAI work with FSX AI.
The orphan parking spots you pointed out are dummy parkings that will not be used by AI because of their tiny size. As many modern airports Graz has alternative parkings that cannot be used at the same time. Since we did not want to leave those out but give the user the chance to use all available parkings as start position we decided to use that trick to allow usage of all parkings without AI interfering with those close-to-each-other parking spots.
The start position is on the taxiway, that's correct. The position of an aircraft when it gets its clearance for takeoff isn't on the runway, it's at the hold short position on the taxiway, that's why we defined that point as start position for the active runway.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

BruceU
FS-Version: FS9

Re: ADE Files

Post by BruceU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks Thorsten for the quick response and explaination, much appreciated.

BruceU