Heraklion and OrbX Vector and Global

Support for all FSDG products
Dominique
FS-Version: FS9

Heraklion and OrbX Vector and Global

Post by Dominique » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi FSDG team

I purchased your LGKJ at Simmarket and eyeing Heraklion now. I had no problem inserting LGKJ in my OrbXified :) P3Dv2.5 with OpenLC EU, LGKJ being a self contained island but fear I may have some with Heraklion. Could you tell me whether LGIR is compatible with OrbX Vector. A comment on how it blends in the OrbX Global palette would be useful too.

Thanks

Dominique

EmilG

Re: Heraklion and OrbX Vector and Global

Post by EmilG » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 am

Dominique wrote:Hi FSDG team

I purchased your LGKJ at Simmarket and eyeing Heraklion now. I had no problem inserting LGKJ in my OrbXified :) P3Dv2.5 with OpenLC EU, LGKJ being a self contained island but fear I may have some with Heraklion. Could you tell me whether LGIR is compatible with OrbX Vector. A comment on how it blends in the OrbX Global palette would be useful too.

Thanks

Dominique
Apologies for the late reply, I have no quick answer to this i m afraid, it's down to each one's liking to be honest. There is no perfect blend between ORBX Global FTX in Heraklion, mostly because there has been no FTX Global at release time. We have had no complaints so far so I suppose most users are happy with it, perhaps some can offer some 'bias-free' shots here in the forums.

Dominique

Post by Dominique » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:07 am

Thank you. I bought it after some recommendations on the OrbX forum.

Your LGIR works OK with Vector which was the main thing for me. I understand that your product predates Global and that the blending with the OrbX Global palette is, of course, a matter of tolerance to the contrast. As my main focus was the airport itself, I disabled the PR which is, for me, much whiter than the OrbX environment. A little flashing texture near the harbour too.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Dominique wrote:Thank you. I bought it after some recommendations on the OrbX forum.

Your LGIR works OK with Vector which was the main thing for me. I understand that your product predates Global and that the blending with the OrbX Global palette is, of course, a matter of tolerance to the contrast. As my main focus was the airport itself, I disabled the PR which is, for me, much whiter than the OrbX environment. A little flashing texture near the harbour too.
Vector data should always be 'aligned', given that the airport terrain is geo-referenced correctly. Glad it works fine then :)
About the harbour flashing, are you using P3D?

Dominique

Post by Dominique » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:05 am

Yes, P3D V2.5.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Dominique wrote:Yes, P3D V2.5.
Please try the attached .BGL file (HarbourHeraklion.BGL). Drop this file into: \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\FSDG\FSDG-Heraklion\FSDG-Heraklion_1\scenery\
Replace when asked.
HarbourHeraklion.zip
(11.74 KiB) Downloaded 563 times