[Solved] unable to install Nuuk

Support for all FSDG products
egntpilot
FS-Version: FS9

[Solved] unable to install Nuuk

Post by egntpilot » Wed May 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi,
I'm having an issue trying to install Nuuk on FSX Steam,

I've downloaded both parts, the FSDG greenland nuuk v1.0 exe. and the fsdg greenland nukk zip file.

I've extracted the zip file so the extracted zip file and the exe file are in the same folder, my download files folder.

I,ve ran the exe file both as normally and as admin , the installer runs, accepts my name and serial number then stops with an error message stating

FSDG Greenland Nuuk has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

FSDG\FSDG-Greenland Nuuk\scenery\Nuuk_RS2_A01_V2.bgl; the system cannot find the path specified.

you will have to run this utility again to completely install FSDG-Greenland Nuuk.

I have checked the extracted zip file and the above mentioned file is in the scenery folder.

I have redownloaded both parts but get the same error message. the files are the right size too.

I am installing on a windows 7 64 machine.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Steve

EmilG

Re: unable to install Nuuk

Post by EmilG » Wed May 27, 2015 10:00 pm

egntpilot wrote:Hi,
I'm having an issue trying to install Nuuk on FSX Steam,

I've downloaded both parts, the FSDG greenland nuuk v1.0 exe. and the fsdg greenland nukk zip file.

I've extracted the zip file so the extracted zip file and the exe file are in the same folder, my download files folder.

I,ve ran the exe file both as normally and as admin , the installer runs, accepts my name and serial number then stops with an error message stating

FSDG Greenland Nuuk has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

FSDG\FSDG-Greenland Nuuk\scenery\Nuuk_RS2_A01_V2.bgl; the system cannot find the path specified.

you will have to run this utility again to completely install FSDG-Greenland Nuuk.

I have checked the extracted zip file and the above mentioned file is in the scenery folder.

I have redownloaded both parts but get the same error message. the files are the right size too.

I am installing on a windows 7 64 machine.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Steve
Sorry for the late reply. After extracting the Zip do you see the 'FSDG' folder created?

egntpilot
FS-Version: FS9

Post by egntpilot » Thu May 28, 2015 9:45 am

Hi Emil

no worries,

I've actually got it working but I think your install instructions are a bit confusing :D . When I extracted the zip file, the extracted folder tree created was FSDG-Greenland Nuuk[Extract Here] , FSDG, FSDG-Greenland Nuuk,scenery.

If you then run the exe you get the error message I listed earlier. however if you put the exe file in the extracted FSDG-Greenland Nuuk[Extract Here] folder so you have the exe file and the FSDG folder together it now runs and installs correctly.

Perhaps easier install instructions would read

1) Download the FSDG-Greenland Nuuk_v1.0_FSX_P3D exe file

2 Download the FSDG-Greenland Nuuk[Extract Here] zip file

3 Unzip the FSDG-Greenland Nuuk[Extract Here] zip file

4. Move the FSDG-Greenland Nuuk_v1.0_FSX_P3D exe file into the extracted FSDG-Greenland Nuuk[Extract Here] zip file. You should then have the exe file and a folder named FSDG

5. run the exe file and follow the install instructions.

6 enjoy this fabulous scenery :D

Having said all that other people managed to figure it out so maybe it's just me :blush:

Anyway, as I said, it's now working and the scenery is fabulous so thanks again,

Steve

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Thu May 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Glad you enjoy it!
The additional massive zip is a pain to handle, and single installer would be very buggy.

But we really wanted to have high resolution satellite image, which is the reason for the huge data archive :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk