[Solved] Install to P3D un-installs from FSX

Support for all FSDG products
ShadowHawk
FS-Version: FS9

[Solved] Install to P3D un-installs from FSX

Post by ShadowHawk » Sun May 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Hello:

I have both FSX:SE and P3D installed, and installing Nuuk Greenland to one removes the install from the other. How can I have the scenery installed to both?

Thanks.

EmilG

Re: Install to P3D un-installs from FSX

Post by EmilG » Sun May 24, 2015 9:09 pm

You can install the files into a temporary folder (i.e. Nuuk). Then just grab all the folders (except the uninstaller) and paste into the "Root" folder of each simulator. You will be asked to replace all.
Since the installer will not be used to activate the scenery automatically, please also make sure the scenery folder is activated in the scenery library of FSX or P3D.

megs8888

Post by megs8888 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:21 am

What files from effects and textures folder? I think you guys need to maybe release either 2 seperate installers one for P3D and 1 for FSX or give a simple clear guide on how this is to be done. It is very confusing, some of us are not PC experts in this area. I am unsure as to why this process is convoluted and not made simpler in the first place. :)

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Fri May 29, 2015 2:15 am

megs8888 wrote:What files from effects and textures folder? I think you guys need to maybe release either 2 seperate installers one for P3D and 1 for FSX or give a simple clear guide on how this is to be done. It is very confusing, some of us are not PC experts in this area. I am unsure as to why this process is convoluted and not made simpler in the first place. :)
sorry for the confusion.

1. When you start the installer choose a version. Let's say FSX.
2. When you are asked about the location of installation just give it a temporary location (i.e. in a folder named Nuuk)
3. Locate the Nuuk folder were you installed it.
4. Select all the folders you can see in there and right-click--> copy.
5. Now paste those folders into the root folder of P3D (if you selected P3D in step 1, then paste those folders into FSX root instead)
6. You will be asked to replace all, please do.
7. To access the scenery configurator, you will need to go to FSXorP3D root/FSDG/.... and run it from there.

megs8888

Post by megs8888 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:49 am

EmilG wrote:
megs8888 wrote:What files from effects and textures folder? I think you guys need to maybe release either 2 seperate installers one for P3D and 1 for FSX or give a simple clear guide on how this is to be done. It is very confusing, some of us are not PC experts in this area. I am unsure as to why this process is convoluted and not made simpler in the first place. :)
sorry for the confusion.

1. When you start the installer choose a version. Let's say FSX.
2. When you are asked about the location of installation just give it a temporary location (i.e. in a folder named Nuuk)
3. Locate the Nuuk folder were you installed it.
4. Select all the folders you can see in there and right-click--> copy.
5. Now paste those folders into the root folder of P3D (if you selected P3D in step 1, then paste those folders into FSX root instead)
6. You will be asked to replace all, please do.
7. To access the scenery configurator, you will need to go to FSXorP3D root/FSDG/.... and run it from there.
Thanks Emilios.