Ayers Rocks V2 for FSX

Support for all FSDG products
hkterry
FS-Version: FS9

Re: Ayers Rocks V2 for FSX

Post by hkterry » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 am

Other than Vector and Orbx airports, the Pilot FS Global Ultimate for Oceania and Asia are installed.

Summer and Winter photos attached
Attachments
Version 2 Winter.jpg
Version 2 Summer.jpg

hkterry

Post by hkterry » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 am

Can I try to disable (rename the filename extension of) LC_8240.bgl and LC_8241.bgl in FSDG-Ayers Rock\Scenery folder. Can it be worked.

horst18519
FS-Version: MSFS

Post by horst18519 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:49 am

Well, that should certainly prevent this issue, although it's not a final solution for us if other users should have the same issue. But since you use FTX AU, the scenery in the area looks not bad even without Ayers Rock X, so it should be ok to simply rename those bgls.
Still, a very unusual issue, since we just can't get the same results here if we use the same addons.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

fabs79
FS-Version: FSX

Post by fabs79 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:15 pm

I can confirm that I had exactly the same problem in P3D V 2.4 and 2.5. Green patches where red desert should be (in V1 as well as V2), with FTX set to Oceania or Global with Hybrid mode. However, installing the textures you provided in this thread solved the problem for me (I noticed that I didn´t even have many of those textures after a fresh install, so maybe you should update the installer to include those textures in the first place. So finally, the Red Centre is red again and I can relive my memories of a trip to Australia I made several years ago. Thank you for that! There are two other bugs I´d like to report however: First, there are three "Ghost shadows" of inexistent planes on the ground polygon near the Helipads. Second, the road that leads from the Uluru to the Kata Tjuta, which is present in FTX Australia SP4, disappears after installing the Ayers Rock scenery. When I disable Ayers Rock, it reappears again. I guess you used some kind of exclude to prevent FTX Australia from showing through but forgot to model the road (part of which is clearly visible in the photoreal background used for Kata Tjuta). Maybe you can look into this, too.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Fabian

Eric Bakker

Post by Eric Bakker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. Copying the texture files from this thread did not solve the problem.
I run P3Dv2.5 and have Pilot's FS Global 2010, FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC EU, FTX regions AU, NA and EU.

Picture taken with FTX Central set to Pacific.
Ayers Rock is top scenery.
Texture file in this thread are copied to the YAYE texture folder.

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:46 am

If you use FTX AU it's best to disable the Ayers Rock scenery files "LC_8240.bgl" and "LC_8241.bgl" from .bgl to .off like described above.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com

Eric Bakker

Post by Eric Bakker » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:28 pm

horst18519 wrote:If you use FTX AU it's best to disable the Ayers Rock scenery files "LC_8240.bgl" and "LC_8241.bgl" from .bgl to .off like described above.
Thanks, Thorsten.
But if I set it to FTX Global with Vector the scenery also has green patches, although a bit different from FTX AU.
Did you guys find out what goes wrong and are you working on a solution?

horst18519

Post by horst18519 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 am

It's hard for developers to keep track of all those new ftx products and what they do to some core FSX files...
But in short, those 2 bgl files "LC_8240.bgl" and "LC_8241.bgl" are only important for those who use Ayers Rock with the default scenery. With those ftx products, the area around the airport looks ok, even without our landclass adjustments.
- Thorsten -

FSDG-online.com