[Solved] Heraklion AFCAD

Support for all FSDG products
BenBaron
FS-Version: FS9

[Solved] Heraklion AFCAD

Post by BenBaron » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi guys,

I got a question regarding the stock airports (in this case LGIR) and how they work in conjunction with the addon airports. I was landing in LGIR using the Aerosoft Airbus and taxied to parking spot Gate 2. I noticed, that I could not get my doors to remain opened, they almost immediately closed again. Searching through the net I found out that this had something to do with fuel loading and how FSX/Prepar3D handles it. Basically I was parking in a fuel box and my plane was kept at maximum fuel load the whole time leading to the situation that the doors could not be openend.

Checking the supplied AFX_LGIR.bgl using ADE I am not seeing any Fuel Box but opening up the stock airport the Fuel Box is placed exactly at Gate 2, so it looks like P3Dv2 is somehow mixing the files? Any advice on how to prevent P3Dv2 from loading the stock airport file?

All the best, Benny

EmilG

Re: Heraklion AFCAD

Post by EmilG » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:25 am

BenBaron wrote:Hi guys,

I got a question regarding the stock airports (in this case LGIR) and how they work in conjunction with the addon airports. I was landing in LGIR using the Aerosoft Airbus and taxied to parking spot Gate 2. I noticed, that I could not get my doors to remain opened, they almost immediately closed again. Searching through the net I found out that this had something to do with fuel loading and how FSX/Prepar3D handles it. Basically I was parking in a fuel box and my plane was kept at maximum fuel load the whole time leading to the situation that the doors could not be openend.

Checking the supplied AFX_LGIR.bgl using ADE I am not seeing any Fuel Box but opening up the stock airport the Fuel Box is placed exactly at Gate 2, so it looks like P3Dv2 is somehow mixing the files? Any advice on how to prevent P3Dv2 from loading the stock airport file?

All the best, Benny
Please grab the attached zip, extract, and place the .BGL airport file into : FSDG\FSDG-Heraklion\FSDG-Heraklion_1\scenery
replace when asked.

I have removed all 'triggers' from the airport AFD file, which might be causing this trouble. Even if our AFD airport file is always on top of anything else, if some stuff (in this case triggers) are not properly excluded, they will still be loaded from stock AFD files.

Let me know if this worked.
Attachments
AFX_LGIR.7z
(6.37 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

BenBaron
FS-Version: FS9

Post by BenBaron » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks very much again, this fixed it :) ... maybe this could be made standard as you'd normally don't want stock content to interfere with your AFCAD, do you?

All the best, Benny

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 pm

BenBaron wrote:Thanks very much again, this fixed it :) ... maybe this could be made standard as you'd normally don't want stock content to interfere with your AFCAD, do you?

All the best, Benny
That's correct. thanks for bringing this up :)