Thessaloniki X - feedback

Support for all FSDG products
curbz
FS-Version: FS9

Post by curbz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Just wanted to say what a FANTASTIC job you guys have done with this scenery - it's absolutely stunning! The attention to detail is amazing and you have produced an incredibly realistic experience that sets a new benchmark in add-on scenery for FSX and P3D.

I own quite a few add-on scenery products (including Heraklion - which is also superb) - but no others have quite managed to reach the levels of realism that you seem to be able to do.

I was flying across the city just before dusk and the sunlight reflecting off the roof tops was just amazing. It is one thing to have loads of buildings crammed into a city but to have them of such high quality and blending so well with the ground textures is admirable. I love the quality of the football stadiums for example and details such as the fairground - with animations too.

Of course, the downside to all of this is that you have single-handedly ruined FSX for me now as the only route I want to fly is Thessaloniki to Heraklion (and back again)!! :D The rest of the FSX world just doesn't have the same level of realism!

I always appreciate the inclusion of the manager tools too so I can extra some extra fps if needed - never needed to turn anything off for Heraklion and hoping I won't need to here either as I don't want to miss out on any of the beauty.

I wish Microsoft had not made freeway traffic disappear into thin air as it's the only thing that detracts you from believing it's real!

Congratulations - you should be incredibly proud of this masterpiece.

EmilG

Post by EmilG » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey curbz,

We really appreciate this!
Very glad that you enjoy the scenery, especially that you managed to spot the animated fun park, I m sure many people have missed this great element in the scenery! I m sure you will find even more stuff to keep you intrigued.

Thessaloniki is a football-loving city, hence the 4 stadiums; we were intrigued to add some football matches going on but that'd be a step too far I guess :hihi:

curbz
FS-Version: FS9

Re: Thessaloniki X - feedback

Post by curbz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

well I think the more movement going on at ground level the more realistic it looks - obviously there's a price to pay in fps though if there's too much going on - that said if the option is provided to enable/disable then it doesn't really matter.

Have you ever considered putting trains into any of your sceneries? I've seen them in some others and personally I think they are a great addition.